Lighter moment

Robynrose

Aug 23, 2022
I decided to bake a date loaf this morning. had to read recipe over and over. Mixed up the flour and marg quantities. (100 grams flour and 225 grams Marg)it took a while to realize the mistake. Did think something was wrong. At this stage most of the marg had melted. Used a sive to get some out. It was a struggle however I didn't have to bin it.
I did say when I got my diagnosis if I can give people a laugh i'll be happy. That sounds a bit warped but hopefully will see me through at times.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done @Robynrose

I did something similar this week. I made a cheesecake and because it`s a tried and tested recipe thought I knew the quantities by heart.

Only when I was mixing the biscuit crumb with the butter did I realise I`d doubled the quantity of butter and halved the quantity of biscuits and the biscuit crumb was swimming in butter.

Thank goodness I was able to throw it out and start again so nothing was ruined. At least you didn`t have to bin yours.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
That reminds me of my pasta tuna bake where I forgot the tuna! Surprisingly it was quite tasty as there was lots of cheese and tomato.

Pork Pie lady

Mar 16, 2013
Anglia
Well done @Robynrose

I did something similar this week. I made a cheesecake and because it`s a tried and tested recipe thought I knew the quantities by heart.

Only when I was mixing the biscuit crumb with the butter did I realise I`d doubled the quantity of butter and halved the quantity of biscuits and the biscuit crumb was swimming in butter.

Thank goodness I was able to throw it out and start again so nothing was ruined. At least you didn`t have to bin yours.
No need to bin it just add extra biscuit to make it right. Use the extra to make more bases and store them in the fridge.

Robynrose

Aug 23, 2022
I'm also having problems with knitting (Simple baby clothes for waitakere hospital. I spend more time unpicking than knitting up. I've had to give up doing patchwork and paper crafts.

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
I once misread a tsp of dried sage for tbs. Inedible dinner.
@Valpiana
I misread this the first time and thought it said incredible dinner. I thought "oh, turned out alright then."!

Pork Pie lady

Mar 16, 2013
Anglia
I once made a chocolate cake at work and could not understand why it overflowed the pans. It looked good but when my colleagues started munching at the spilt bits they spat it out. It took a while to work out that I used bicarbonate of soda instead of baking powder. Thankfully it was noticed before it was served up to customers.