Light Nights

placey

Sep 3, 2012
Does anybody darken the bedrooms during these light nights? I think it would be a good idea but am worried about falls in the dimness on the way to the bathroom. Also wondering if it makes any difference to a sufferer who has no real awareness of the time of day anyway.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Short answer, no. Often enough light for OH to get to shower room, or use urine bottle. I don't like it very dark anyway and would happily sleep without drawing curtains. At the moment both of us sleeping well!

placey

Sep 3, 2012
Short answer, no. Often enough light for OH to get to shower room, or use urine bottle. I don't like it very dark anyway and would happily sleep without drawing curtains. At the moment both of us sleeping well!

I'm glad you're getting good sleep. It must be so hard when your OH has dementia. I was talking about MIL who sleeps in a room on her own and SIL looks after her. It was she who asked me to post the question. MIL's up and down like a fiddler's elbow and SIL wondered if it was because of the light nights. Thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
My mam went through a phase of insisting on getting up very early during light mornings. Dad managed to stop this by putting a blanket up at the window so that she wasn't woken by the early morning light.

(For myself personally, I'd like the bedroom to be pitch black, so we have blackout linings and a venetian blind. Light still seeps in round the edges though!)

Davies89

Apr 4, 2014
If you want to darken the bedroom they do a temporary black out blind that you can put up the window it's called a groblind they r good as they can be easily put up and back down again

Sent from my C1905 using Talking Point mobile app

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey