1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

letter from DWP

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by creativesarah, Jul 13, 2015.

1. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Today I got a letter from the DWP saying I don't qualify for ESA

Fortunately I rang immediately and spoke to them

They now say I should get another letter in a couple of days and that I do qualify but that my benefit has gone down

Thank goodness I rang straight away and didn't fret myself to death

Sadly some people in a similar situation have killed themselves.

So my tip for everyone is to do ring the DWP straight away.

2. jan.s

jan.s Registered User

Sep 20, 2011
    Well done Sarah, for dealing with it straight away.

I am glad you're still entitled to ESA, but am sorry that the amount has dropped.

Jan x

3. FiveWords

FiveWords Registered User

Jul 30, 2011
    I broke into a cold sweat just reading the title of this post...letters from the DWP are my worst nightmare. Always bearing bad news, gettings things wrong or even accusing me of fraud. Glad you sorted it out with them xx