Lawyer tomorrow

Zana

May 12, 2016
OH and I are off to the lawyer tomorrow morning.

Its the POA plus health care and end of life instructions.
Its a big thing and Im not letting OH do it alone. I have also instructed the lawyer to make up the paperwork for me.

Although I have always said if I end up unresponsive because of an accident or illness pull the plug , dont let them keep me going on machines.

But seeing those instructions (in legal jargon) in black and white still made my stomach churn.
Basically I am authorising someone else to decide when my life isnt worth living.

However I thought it was important for me to be strong, OH cant be expected to do this if I cant or wont.
This week we have heard that his mother (advanced Alzhiemers) is now whining and crying out when touched.

If anything its toughend my resolve that what we are doing is the right thing.

Of course we are no where needing it yet (hopefully) but thats the point really if you leave a POA or end of life intructions until you need them then its often too late...
Now I just hope OH doesnt get last minute cold feet.

sah

Apr 20, 2009
Dorset
Hoping it goes as well as possible. I took out LPAs for myself-naming my children as attourneys-once OH had AD. Realised that he would never be able to make decisions if I were ill -so needed!

I did feel better once it was all signed and sealed.....bit of peace of mind.:)

Zana

May 12, 2016
All done, the lawyer is really nice and OH was in full agreement.

This really does ease my mind. Now I have the final say about care issues not some faceless social worker or well meaning case worker!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dqdr