Lack of co-ordination

slim-jim

Sep 6, 2020
My wife was diagnosed with Alzheimers nearly 4 years ago and for some time has had poor co-ordination generally but now has become really poor. Does this continue to get worse. She finds it difficult to handle just about everything Inc any form of walking.she is now in a care home and they are becoming concerned.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
Sorry to read about the decline in your wife’s coordination. Hindsight is great, and looking back I would say that losing coordination was an early indicator for my husband’s dementia. Like with so many things I thought he was becoming clumsy because he was doing two things at the same time! It started small but now he struggles to use cutlery, turn the pages in the newspaper etc.

I would think that the care home must have come across this before.

Just a thought but how is her eyesight? Does she wear glasses - some people struggle using varifocals and this can cause some coordination problems.

Talk with the manager at the care home and ask for her thoughts.

slim-jim

Sep 6, 2020
Sorry to read about the decline in your wife’s coordination. Hindsight is great, and looking back I would say that losing coordination was an early indicator for my husband’s dementia. Like with so many things I thought he was becoming clumsy because he was doing two things at the same time! It started small but now he struggles to use cutlery, turn the pages in the newspaper etc.

I would think that the care home must have come across this before.

Just a thought but how is her eyesight? Does she wear glasses - some people struggle using varifocals and this can cause some coordination problems.

Talk with the manager at the care home and ask for her thoughts.
Thanks for that suggestion, yes she does wear vari vocals.I will speak to the care home manager. Much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alix0463