Kit and Tim

Create08

May 14, 2019
I am a 75 year old twin. My twin brother's wife died six months ago so he is a widower. My wife is aged 78 but she doesn't have dementia and neither does my twin brother and my two other brothers. As far as I'm aware no-one in my family has had dementia. I have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia.
As with all unknowns I experience anxiety about the future of this condition. My GP tells me it will get worse and worse until it gets better. He explained that it would only get better when I am unable to know that I have it.
(What a bundle of joy and optimism he is.) To be honest it does seem to be getting worse as I have many more episodes of confusion.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Create08 and welcome to the forum.

You have come to the right place for information and support so feel free to ask questions or even express concerns as you will get support from our experienced membership.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
By the way, if you, or your wife have the time to take a good look around the site it is a goldmine for information. When I first joined I read old threads for information but then found the AS Publications list and the page where a post code search can be done to check for support services in ones own area. If you are interested in these, clicking the following links will take you there

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/publications-factsheets-full-list

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/find-support-near-you

You will see that there are Factsheets that will help with things like getting needs assessments and sorting out useful things like Wills, Power of Attorney etc.

I wish you all the best.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Create08
a warm welcome to DTP
it's good that you have your wife and twin looking out for you, though my condolences to you all on the recent loss of your twin's wife
you've found the right place to come with anything that's on your mind, members here are helpful and supportive
so now you've found us, I hope you'll keep posting

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathy T