Keeping the bed dry

Chris100

Nov 19, 2021
I put a thick towel under a rubber shower mat, then 2-3 folded towels on top; then put 2-3 night incontinence pads plus 2 incontinence adult 'nappies' on. Still getting a wet bed patch on top sheet ( waterproof sheet below ).
Any suggestions, please?

Chelseajude

Feb 10, 2021
Norwich
It is so hard. I have tried many things and we now use a mattress protector, then another waterproof washable padded slip sheet on top of that ( purchased from a large internet company) then the sheet then a disposable Kylie sheet which I masking tape to the sheet to stop it moving or rucking up. Then oh wears 8 drop pull ups. Most nights this works. When we do get leakage then the disposable sheet 9 times out of 10 soaks it up so there is no laundry.
Plus we limit fluids after 7pm although the incontinence nurse says that doesn’t make any difference. It does seem to for us though.

Good luck!

albo

Jan 24, 2024
My mum uses Readi brand disposable sheets 90cm x 60 cm and we order them at 100 a time,I think Ebay is the cheapest at £29.99 with free delivey but you can get them from the Complete care shop too.I found them to be the best quality of the disposable variety

cobden 28

Dec 15, 2017
I put a thick towel under a rubber shower mat, then 2-3 folded towels on top; then put 2-3 night incontinence pads plus 2 incontinence adult 'nappies' on. Still getting a wet bed patch on top sheet ( waterproof sheet below ).
Any suggestions, please?
I use a matress protector (like a cotton fitted sheet but with a rubberised backing) bought from my local branch of Age UK and on the duvet I use a waterproof duvet protector into which the duvet goes rather like an envelope. If I have an 'accident' I only have a base sheet and a duvet cover to launder. With sheets & blankets I uisually have a blanket or two to be laundered as well which is awkward, so it's duvets for me!
It's not my elderly parent who's inclined to wet the bed occasionally but myself - I have slight bladder weakness after a stroke and also take water tablets for swollen ankles (early stage heart failure) which make me wee more than normal. I'm 69.

Tanera

Jun 9, 2024
My mum's carers suggested getting Puppy pads from b and m. I was a bit doubtful as not sure if they'd be soft enough, don't want to cause skin problems but if there's another layer in between they might be OK. I've also found that having a fairly powerful dehumidifier is a lifesaver when you've got a lot of laundry. Hope you can find a solution.