Just Wanted To Say

BillBRNC

Jan 26, 2016
USA NC
I have early onset Alz, but that not what I am posting about. I also play banjo at a local jam in a local bar on Wednesday nights. Last Wednesday night, 4 guys in their late 50s or early 60s came in with their instruments. They had huge Scottish accents, so I walked over and welcomed them. They played with us that night, including a lot of their music. Great time had by all. They were on vacation for week in the US looking for real Appalachian mountain music, and they found it. They were really fine fellows, all of them. Just wanted to pass this along to you folks in the UK. I assume Scotland is part of the UK, but you never know these days.

TooHard

Sep 16, 2015
They were on vacation for week in the US looking for real Appalachian mountain music, and they found it. They were really fine fellows, all of them. Just wanted to pass this along to you folks in the UK. I assume Scotland is part of the UK, but you never know these days.

So far we are still part of the UK.

The evening sounds great - I think I'd have enjoyed that very much.

LoisJean

Jan 11, 2016
Northeast Lower Michigan, USA
Bill, as you know, without the Scots/Irish there would be no Appalachian music and without that music it would be a sad world indeed. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Peace and that in abundance to us all..LoisJean

danonwheels

Apr 13, 2016
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Sounds like a brilliant night. Scotland is still part of the UK, for now at least.
I had a similar night in Edinburgh when I was at Napier University - a pub down the road with pretty much every beer known to man on the bar and people piling in with guitars and violins etc, just making music and having a good time.

Ahhhh that was a long time since.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey