Just trying to make sense of developments

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I can only offer a personal opinion which may hold no real medical weight. I always wondered how the progression of dementia affected the functioning of all internal organs and the metabolism of the whole body.

It's difficult to rationalise whether an increase in the frequency of infections or an imbalance of body function or circulation is the result of poorly managed care or progression of the dementia.

I don't think even the doctors can make a really accurate assessment.

I finally spoke to a Doctor and you were right Sylvia, he didn't think there was a connection between dementia and circulation or any physical health problems and he does seem to one of the more thorough and knowledgeable doctors I have spoken to. He does want to take C in for checks on pulses and keep her on lower dose of blood pressure tablets, BP at least has stabilised. He didn't think from scans carried out in Feb that there was any danger of cystitis. Probably down to blood thinning tablets. Can't decide if managing other health problems separately is a good thing or a bad thing.

I don't think I am managing C's overall health and care badly, though always open to any constructive criticism or advice. If anything the carers from the supported housing are a bit overcautious in calling for medical back up if anything is a worry. That makes me feel like I may be calling them out too much.

Sorry for rambling on about a lot of things which are not really dementia related, it's just more worry.

Last edited:

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi nae sporran
Sorry for rambling on about a lot of things which are not really dementia related, it's just more worry.
do not feel any need to apologise - personally I think TP is a pretty holistic community, interested in and here to support the whole person - many of us come here for all sorts of reasons, just to get stuff off our chests - a trouble shared... and all that; and a joy shared is multiplied too
good to know you have confidence in the GP; it always helps if you believe the GP is listening and taking action thoughtfully
best wishes to you both

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
hi nae sporran

do not feel any need to apologise - personally I think TP is a pretty holistic community, interested in and here to support the whole person - many of us come here for all sorts of reasons, just to get stuff off our chests - a trouble shared... and all that; and a joy shared is multiplied too
good to know you have confidence in the GP; it always helps if you believe the GP is listening and taking action thoughtfully
best wishes to you both

Thanks Shedrech, it is a great place to sound out advice and release stress. I am aware that others have more on their plate.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carol Diane