1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Just to say thank you ...

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Dave W, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Dave W

Dave W Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Bucks
    If I'd realised six months ago I'd be sitting here typing this ... but nostalgia isn't a solution. This is just to say a huge thank you to all those who have posted such words of wisdom, advice, support and comfort here, for me and others since I joined TP earlier this year. As others have already posted, none of us will be having the festive period we might once have hoped, but I hope there are rays of happiness, contentment, joy and satisfaction shining through the clouds for all of you. Best wishes to you all - Dave

2. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Thank you Dave.
    We are always here for you
    Norman

3. Kathleen

Kathleen Registered User

Mar 12, 2005
    West Sussex
    Dave

No we won't be having the Christmas we once hoped for but we have all found each other.

It is a great comfort to express thoughts and feelings we have without being condemned for them, as others here have felt or are feeling the same way, for that I am eternally grateful.

Best wishes to you and everyone else at TP. You have made 2005 just a little bit easier.

Kathleen
    x

4. Sheila

Sheila Registered User

Oct 23, 2003
    West Sussex
    All the best to you and your Mum, Dave, love and hugs, She. XX

5. Loiner

Loiner Registered User

Oct 29, 2005
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah, agree, ty to all for the support, i decided to change completely xmas dinner, am having bambi, ahem, venison sausages for dinner.
    It won't change things, but it'll be a little treat, and a few prayers added to the mix, well, tis xmas :)

love and hugs to all

David

6. Jude

Jude Registered User

Dear Dave,

I wish you a truly peaceful day.

Jude