Just saying hello

nbfb

Mar 14, 2009
Wales
Just thought I would pop in and say hello as I have not been visiting the forum very much in recent months. It is good to see the familiar names supporting "old friends" in the usual thoughtful and compassionate way.

Since my mother in law passed away nearly four months ago we have been through our ups and downs but are learning a new way of being. Father in law is lonely and that gives us guilty moments but he is "happy" in a strange way finding comfort from their home and their memories in that home together. We had a few uncomfortable weeks with an obsession over pictures of MIL in her coffin. I know, I found it macabre but we talked about it and FIL said he found it a comfort to wake up and see it next to his bed. We just accepted it although as you may imagine, my husband found it a struggle to come across it when going into the room to change the bed or fetch something. It is still there but the obsession with going through old photos and pulling out pictures to adorn the house is diminishing I think. I suppose grief comes out in different ways?

So where do we go from here? Life has changed and will keep changing I guess. We are starting to remember the good times and try to lock the bad times inside a little box to be put away - only to be dusted down when we feel strong. Maybe.

I wish you hope and strength for 2010. Keep up your great support for the others, you are brilliant!
Best wishes
nbfb

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
We are starting to remember the good times and try to lock the bad times inside a little box to be put away - only to be dusted down when we feel strong. Maybe.

Hi nbfb, thanks for popping by and it's great time you are starting to remember the good parts...I haven't really got that far yet but I keep hoping! I'm sure it will come one day and I have to say we've been through the family photos with dad so many times, and that helps.

I hope 2010 is kind to you and your family. Keep in touch when you can. xx

Starshine

May 19, 2009
Seaside
Hi snap, I just popped in too, good to see so many old names and catch up with all the new posts. Or do I mean sad to catch up. I don't know, still feeling ragged and lost, looking to move onto caring for alzheimer and dementia sufferers but not sure if I should or even could, and still not finding any job possiblilites, keep hearing about scary care homes etc maybe should do something more private. But piccies do help so I hope the memories of your Mum continue to give you all happier thoughts. Its 10mths now since we lost MIl, I still feel so lost and lonely without her around, but it will get easier and better I am sure.
You take care
Starshine x