Just lost my soulmate to pneumonia

Trapisha

Nov 28, 2017
My mom has dementia my husband helped me through it, but he has recently died of aspiration pneumonia
due to radioi therapy he had 10 years ago for tongue cancer, i am devastated i don't know what to do
i feel so lonely now and frightened of having to deal with mom alone, don't know if i can get through this
awful time, it was sudden all happened in a couple of weeks.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
What a dreadful time for you I am so sorry. Do you have any immediate support either from friends or family for you that you can chat with or ask for their help or visiting carers to help with your mum?

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Oh I am so sad to read this. What a shock for you.

Keeping you in my thoughts and holding your hand tight xxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so so sorry to read of your news @Trapisha - how terribly tragic.

I'm glad you've shared your news here - I know you will get support from our members. I wondered if you would want to talk your situation over with someone on the Helpline desk. It is open until 8pm tonight. The phone number is

0300 222 11 22

The link is -https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/national-dementia-helpline?_ga=2.164349055.1769454811.1519233588-549088353.1488398070

Please give them a ring as I'm sure it will help you to talk to them.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I am so very sorry for you. It is such a hard thing to go through. So many of us know how you feel, and we will be here to support you.

Rolypoly

Jan 15, 2018
I am so sorry to read your sad news. We are here to support you in any way we can, so never feel alone.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry @Trapisha. It is more than anyone can be expected to bear.

I do hope you have someone to help you care for your mum to give you some space to grieve for your husband. If not, please ask your doctor for a referral for help from Social Services.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Very sorry to read your news. I wish you strength and my thoughts are with you.

The help line is a good idea and now is the time to use TP. I'm sure everyone will be here for you.

Norfolk Cherry

Feb 17, 2018
Very sorry @Trapisha to hear this. What a shock, I can't imagine how it must feel. Keep us in touch, we are all here to support you. You are in my thoughts.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Oh, @Trapisha I'm so sorry. My condolences to you. Difficult enough to bear, without the added fears about your mum. Definitely, think about some help. Would you consider respite for her, even for a week or two, until you are over the initial shock?

Hazara8

Apr 6, 2015
My mom has dementia my husband helped me through it, but he has recently died of aspiration pneumonia
due to radioi therapy he had 10 years ago for tongue cancer, i am devastated i don't know what to do
i feel so lonely now and frightened of having to deal with mom alone, don't know if i can get through this
awful time, it was sudden all happened in a couple of weeks.
At this moment, as with all unexpected events of this nature, everything seems to stand still amidst a very real cloud of despair and utter despondency. The loss of a loved one alone fragments all thinking, dispels all that at one time seemed important in daily life and the pain is felt deep inside and it is a fundamentally personal pain. Yet, from what you have stated here, it is clear that you will get through all of this, as you have bravely, along with your late husband, lived through his cancer. Your mother needs you, despite all the challenging demands of her dementia, and in that natural, yet all so meaningful way, you need her.

Any bereavement, whether expected or unexpected, remains just that and it is very personal and only you will know just how you feel. And only you will know when that time comes to continue living your life and caring for your mother. But you deserve and must be allowed that space in which to converse with yourself and release all the angst and emotion as and when you see fit. Then, when
the loneliness and fearfulness dissipates, you might then find that strength to cope is there and has always been there.

With the warmest of wishes.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear Trapisha,

Sorry to hear about your sad news and thinking about you and your mum.

Hugs to you

MaNaAk

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
So sorry @Trapisha such a sad loss for you. I hope you have some family or friends who can help you. It is just too much to bear without help. Please keep posting on here, it is a good place and someone will always listen. Thinking of you and wishing you well.

myss

Jan 14, 2018
Oh @Trapisha I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you have family/friends that you can rely on right now, plus you have this board and the contact details in Izzy's post to sound off on too. I can only guess everything must feel bad right now but, one way or another, you will get through this.

All the best xx

Starter

Oct 10, 2015
What a terrible time for you. Use Talking Point as much as you need. Everyone is here for you. You obviously have a lot of strength, but we all need as much support as we can get.much love xxx