Joint Tenants

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
I am hoping that someone on here has the knowledge that I clearly don’t possess. I am normally quite good at admin stuff but my brain is addled since my husband’s death in December.

My late husband and I have two properties registered as joint tenants. I think I’m right in saying that this means that they can both now be registered in my name and that I do not have to wait until probate is sorted. Do I need a solicitor to do this or is it easy to do? Also if I do it myself any idea what the cost would be?

I will probably posting many things on here as I sort through various things ....

I do think that I will need a solicitor to deal with the will as there is a small trust involved. More on that later.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You don't have to wait for probate and don't need a solicitor and it is free

You can also leave it till the property is sold when all changes will be made, my house is still in joint names 10 years after my wife's death.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
You don't have to wait for probate and don't need a solicitor and it is free

You can also leave it till the property is sold when all changes will be made, my house is still in joint names 10 years after my wife's death.
Many thanks for this. I had been quoted a large sum of money by a solicitor to do this. Thankfully I declined!