Job help forums.

BlackstoneReg

Jul 19, 2017
Hello, I am finding it difficult to find work and would like to know if anyone reading this has used any jobsearch forums for advice, too many to look through on google then having gone through the signing up process some not suitable and very little activity on some of them.

Alberta23

Oct 15, 2023
I always find getting involved with charity work can open up all sorts of avenues into work.
Im considering doing one day a week somewhere. Im retired now but money is running out fast.
So ive sent emails to people but they want full time workers a lot of the time.
It depends in what type of work you are looking for.
If i google 'jobs in my area' . I get loads popping up.
To date, in truth, i cant face making a new CV, but I started doing readers with children in schools. As a volunteer . It took a while getting checked, then Mum died, so life went tail up, but i want to go back to it when im more ready.
Often local adult colleges are wanting people to help out for all sorts of roles. Same with hospitals if you like doing various jobs on a supply/bank system.

But volunteering is a good starting point. It gets you experience, and a reference, and develops your confidence. Ive always done some sort of voluntary work, even litter picking. It all helps on your CV for paid work.

Sometimes just going into work settings and introducing yourself also helps. Previously I actively went directly to employers and made myself known.

Local papers also have jobs pages. Or you could go self employed, carer, gardener, taxi driver, delivery person etc.

Hope that gives you a starting point. Good luck.