I've never posted much here but

PeterD2

Mar 11, 2015
Hi

My dear old Mum lost her fight last Thursday. Although I was prepared for the inevitable the end has come as a great shock, left a great hole in my heart and I've lost the best Mum and friend I've ever had.

I checked in here when I've had time and I appreciate all the posts from the more active members. Keep up the good work, this site has been a great help to me, I wish I could have contributed more myself.

Thanks

Pete

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello PeterD2
sad news - my condolences on the loss of your mother - no matter how 'grown up' we are and how prepared, it's a massive shock - we each miss our mum; thank goodness for warm, happy memories of times shared

I'm glad that TP has been a support to you - not everyone is able or wishes to post, that makes you no less a member of this community

best wishes

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
My thoughts are with you, it is so hard right now. It will get easier, you will find a new normal in time. Stay strong

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
I am so sorry for your loss Peter. As others have said, it always comes as shock no matter how much we think we are prepared. Please look after yourself at this difficult time.

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
My sincere condolences Peter Try and take some comfort in that your lovely Mum is now free from this dreadful illness and at peace. Xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum, Peter. It doesn't matter how much a death is expected, we are never prepared for it. Condolences to you.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. I understand how you feel. Sending my condolences.

Toddleo

Oct 7, 2015
Hi

My dear old Mum lost her fight last Thursday. Although I was prepared for the inevitable the end has come as a great shock, left a great hole in my heart and I've lost the best Mum and friend I've ever had.

I checked in here when I've had time and I appreciate all the posts from the more active members. Keep up the good work, this site has been a great help to me, I wish I could have contributed more myself.

Thanks

Pete
hello there Pete, I echo your sentiments about the fantastic talking point forum, it was, and still is such a useful resource. So sorry to hear about your dear mum, a miserable day for us both last Thursday, as that is the day I lost my mum to Alz too. Hugs for us both.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwpp