It's been a month...

Jenny11

Jul 18, 2022
It's been just over a month since my mum left us. But if course she hasn't really left us; we still carry her in our hearts. ❤️

I'm still tidying up the last of her estate. I've got around to sending the £150 from the funeral to Alzheimer's Research UK. 💷 I wanted particularly to donate to this and not just Alzheimer's UK, because it helps fund research into a cure.

I just can't believe how quickly the time is moving. It's been a week already since the funeral. 😥

I took my dad out to lunch on Tuesday to distract him. It would have been his 64th wedding anniversary. That was a hard day for me as my Facebook timeline was full of me wishing them both a happy anniversary. 💍

Hoping, weather permitting, to lay her finally to rest next Friday. I've written a poem for mum's interment & I'd like to share it with you. 💚

It's an adaptation of Elizabeth Frye's "Do not stand at my grave and weep".

"We will not stand beside this memorial and cry for you are not here.
We will feel you instead in the winds that blow and touch our cheeks.
We will see you in the snow when the sunlight glistens and peeks.
We will see you in the sun, we will hear you in the rain, in the birds that fly, and the twinkling sky again.
We will see your smile in the morning dew and know that you've sent us a reminder of you.
Rest easy mum, for you have your wings.
We will not stand and cry while your heavenly voice sings 💕"

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Hi @Jenny11
Thanks for your post.
Condolences for your loss.
Yes, your mum will live as long as she is remembered.
Care for your dad. 64 years - amazing!
Care for yourself,
Lovely poem.
Best wishes and a hug.

Alberta23

Oct 15, 2023
Beautiful poem. Hope your mums funeral went well. That it embraced and celebrated a wonderful life and long marriage. Wishing you and your father much love. You will both give each other great comfort I am sure.