It's Because I'm Special

RandaRedPanda

Apr 18, 2024
Hello,

I am 43 and was recently diagnosed with MCI. I have noticed things starting to progress. I am just looking for a direction to go in as far as support, resources, and tips for daily living. I feel like a sub set of group, and that group is a sub set of the general population. Basically, I feel like an island floating so far away from everyone that I can barely see them. Thanks

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @RandaRedPanda.

I’m sorry to read about your diagnosis, at such a young age too. I wondered if you’d find this link useful -

I’m glad you’ve found this forum. I hope you find being part of it brings you understanding and support.

RandaRedPanda

Apr 18, 2024
Thank you so much for reaching out. This is a frustrating time for me as I feel that the physicians cannot offer me a course of action. Any information that you could share would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much for the link I'll be sure to check it out.

Dealing with this diagnosis on top of all my other medical and mental health conditions does seem overwhelming. I am hopeful that I will be able to find good support and good resources through this forum. I hope you have a wonderful day.