It has been difficult

golfer38

Aug 7, 2016
Can you include me I have never posted before my oh was confirmed as having dementia in 2011 but don't know what kind was ok??? For a while but in 2014 started getting violent and was in a care home in 2015. He was ok for 11 months then started attacking staff hospitalised to sort out melds. Now getting discharged to another NH. It has been difficult but not as difficult as some of you have had.
Hope to post more now I am getting to grips with this condition.

Willow Tree

Jul 6, 2016
USA
Can you include me I have never posted before my oh was confirmed as having dementia in 2011 but don't know what kind was ok??? For a while but in 2014 started getting violent and was in a care home in 2015. He was ok for 11 months then started attacking staff hospitalised to sort out melds. Now getting discharged to another NH. It has been difficult but not as difficult as some of you have had.
Hope to post more now I am getting to grips with this condition.

Welcome, golfer38!

I think you will find a lot of GREAT support here. So glad you posted; it takes some time to work up the courage to do that, I know.

I read posts here for weeks before my first post & I can remember what a TREMENDOUS relief it was to be able to just read through and get some hope and tips and help.

My husband has Parkinson's disease & though he is doing well overall, there are fits and starts and good days and bad days (and hours). The fluctuations in mood and abilities are VERY hard for Carers to adjust to, as is the diffculty, initially, in truly accepting something is really wrong.

Please post more; I know others will be along to post here and welcome you, too.

Welcome hug!

Willow Tree

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello golfer, A warm welcome to Talking Point, you will have lots of support here, you may like to post on my thread "loved ones in a Care Home" there will always be someone to talk to day or night.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to TP golfer. I'm glad you have shared your thoughts here. I know you will find lots of help and support on this forum.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Welcome from me too.
I know this is part of the "Alzheimers" Society, but actually its covers all forms of dementia, not just Alzheimers. So dont worry that you dont know what sort of dementia your husband has.