Is it a sign?

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Well, I woke this morning and the first song I heard was coming from my little girl's room. She had the radio on and it was playing "Cupid"...(The Drifters)

THAT was my mum's song, and often, at night, I say to Florence "Listen out for Grandma's song"... It has come on at the strangest of times, and I have cried by Flo's side as I put her to bed, whilst this song plays in the background. It has played when she's been ill in bed, and I think it's mum saying I can leave her because she's there and will watch over her.

It's just that going to bed last night, this thread was the last thing I read, and as I woke this morning, the house was silent, except for Flo's radio and Mum's song.

Sign or no sign, heightened senses or not, I have had so many things happen since losing my parents that I feel are signs, that I choose to believe they must be. My dad always promised to send them, and my mum would do anything to comfort me, in life, and no doubt, in death too.

I am a big believer. When you feel their presence near, there's no logic for that, and it's completely exclusive. I have felt touch, I have smelled them, I have sensed them in the room, and you know that my daughter spoke to my dad when she was 2 years old? He had died a few months before.

I had been filming her singing, when she stopped abruptly and looked terrified. She kept saying "I scared...I scared..." whilst staring at the french windows. She was trying to hide behind me yet checking to see what was "there". She just stared at this same spot for ages. I was asking her what she was scared of, while reassuring her that there was nothing there, when suddenly her expression changed from fear to a relaxed and very happy smile. Recognition flooded her face and she simply said "Gandad"... I was floored. I was still filming! There's an audible holding of breath on the filming as I tried to take in what she had said. I stared at the spot where she had been looking. Nothing. But I felt warm and wonderful and privileged.

So, feel what you feel and if it brings comfort, let no one tell you it's a coincidence!! :)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Good morning Pied,

Well that entry in your mum's diary really speaks to me. It says to me that she thought it well worth writing down in her diary so it must have meant something to her. The poem states how a funeral shouldn't be and that the person will be waiting for loved ones to 'gently' come later. [QUOTEThink of me as withdrawn into the dimness,
yours still, you mine.
QUOTE]This says to me that the connection isn't broken.

I think you can take hold of this poem Pied because it is a fact that it meant enough to your mum to write it down. Also, of course, you have found it.

I read yesterday how fed up you were and how tired. After all that adrenalin coursing through your veins leading up to your mum's departure, this is only to be expected I'm afraid. It might take a little while of feeling 'down' until your body adjusts. Don't forget that you and your sister have been on 'high alert' for quite a few days/weeks which requires masses amounts of adrenalin. Now that adrenalin is not needed it leaves a sense of being 'down'. It will pass.

Love

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Pied, I love that poem, it's beautiful, I'm going to copy it.

How many signs you are getting, Pied. One can be coincidence, but this has to be synchronicity. Your mum is still with you, and doesn't want you to be sad. Impossible, I know, but as long as you know your mum is there with you, you'll be fine.

I'm so glad you're receiving all these messages.:)

Much love,

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thanks Helen and Hazel. I'm so glad you said that Hazel. I hadn't thought of the number of signs I've been having but yes it does seem to be a daily thing. Hope I get one today. It's very comforting. I do like to think Mum is looking out for me and even though I'm tired and fed up I do feel she is with me and around me.
My friend came round last night and told me a robin story. More robins!! Xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I have to confess I remember all those film stars. :eek: Michael Wilding was a real heartthrob, briefly married to Elizabeth Taylor.

I hope you get a new sign today, Pied.

xxxxx

Roma

Jan 15, 2008
UK
Hi piedwarbler

I have had the exact same sign. It was about a year and a bit after my mother had died.

I was sitting outside the hairdressers waiting for my appointment. I had pulled up behind this car and didn't take much notice of it at the time. I then pulled out my newspaper to have a read to pass the time. As I was half way through the paper I happened to glance up and look at the personalised registration of the car. It was 1 YPU, which is the Christian name and two middle names of my mother - in that order. I can't say I've ever come across those initials before or seen them in that order before.

The next strange thing is that I then looked back down to my paper, and the first name I read was Yvonne - my mother's Christian name. How weird is that!!!

My other half says coincidence, but I like to think it was a lovely sign as I was and still am struggling to come to terms with my mother's suffering during her six years of having Alzheimer's and it gave me some comfort to think that she is happy and with my dad and they are both pain free.

I hope it gives you comfort too piedwarbler.

Take care

Roma x

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
I believe. I have every reason to. As mentioned on your thread Pied, I was blessed in knowing this wonderful lady, my honorary Auntie Peg, who had the gift of second sight all her life. She told me the most amazing things during my life, which never made sense until the event happened and then shivers would go down my spine. The most memorable was shortly before my father died. My parents visited her 7 days before my father's death. As my Dad walked through the door Auntie Peg said "nearer my God to Thee" which made no sense whatsoever at the time. As they talked she said there was a big 7 around my Dad (7 days later he died, funeral was on the 7th) but she said she was being given this and it was for me, Maryw, and it was "blessed assurance Jesus is mine". My parents smiled and thought it strange and it was only after some days after my Dad's sudden death that my Mum thought to pass it on...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=HXh-loC8Ans&desktop_uri=/watch?v=HXh-loC8Ans

I derived huge comfort from the words "I in my Saviour am happy and blessed" and we had the hymn at my father's funeral.

I have many other stories and derive huge comfort from knowing someone is looking over me... You are never alone, dear Pied xxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Today's sign is that I went to the GP today to get signed off work and she was lovely. She asked me all about Mum and my family. As I talked about Mum's death she said that she thought the story sounded familiar and that she's been asked to be the second doctor who signs the cremation form.

60's child

Apr 23, 2013
suffolk
Hi Piedwarbler
I am very sorry to hear about your Mum. I think all these answers to your thread are very comforting. I know that when my father in law died, on the day of the funeral we were all in the garden waiting for the funeral cars. We saw that there was a very unusual butterfly fluttering about. Several people remarked on how beautiful it was. When we came out of the crematorium we saw the exact same type of butterfly............ It was a very strange experience as the crematorium was 20 miles from where we first saw the butterfly. My mother in law felt that this was a sign from her husband. She was very comforted by it and still talks about it now, 20 years later.
I also like to think it was from my father in law. We will never know but it felt like it was a special thing to have seen.
Dee X

jude50

Dec 28, 2011
Cardiff
I too saw a butterfly the day my Mum died. a beautiful red admiral, usually just see cabbage whites or speckled woods but it was just there on the wall basking in the sun when I went to take the bins out (Iknow I don't know why I had to do the bins I just did) and it was just there. When the vicar called to see me that afternoon she said that they are supposed to represent the resurrection but I have also heard they are messages from angels and I took comfort from that as if Mum was saying don't worry all will be well.

jude

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I thought there was going to be no sign today. But...
Remember I said that as Mum died I was talking to Sis about a room in Edinburgh where I had seen a collection of death masks? Well Mr Pied was watching telly tonight and suddenly said "Pied, look, it's that room with the death masks in." And there it was: ITV Britain's Secret Homes or something.

wetnosewheatie

Jun 5, 2012
Merseyside
I have always been told white feathers are a sign and of course they are quite common but look where this one was when I was sorting out my late mums jewellery recently ImageUploadedByTalking Point1372459803.105870.jpg think its a sign

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
We went to Barbs for Christmas dinner and my 3 year old grandson was asking Barb about my Mum.

GS: Whose that lady (in a photo) with Grandie?
B: That's my Mummmy and Grandie's wife, Nan D
GS: Did Nan D love me?
B: She would have loved you to bits, hugged you and kissed you all over.
GS: I know, she already kissed me when I came in..........

Angel18

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Wetnosewheatie

How amazing, yes I think that is definitely a sign as well.

Sisteract,

Wow, how lovely and comforting, I have often heard that young children sometimes see loved ones that have passed away. I know it happened to my mum when she was a child.

Kind regards

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
This is so weird.

When Mum was dying a week and a half ago, I was singing a couple of songs to her that she sang to me when I was small. One of these was a war time song called Lili Marlene. I don't know if I have spelled that right, but it was a famous song. I didn't even know all the words but I was humming the bits I didn't know. I sang something like "Underneath the arches, by the ........(hum) ... gate, darling I remember the way you used to wait.." - those were the only words I knew!!

Well, today I was writing a letter to Mum for the vicar to read out at her funeral, and it rather opened the floodgates, and I was weeping while writing it. I am listening to Radio 4 at the same time, and what comes on but a whole programme about that song.

So many of these things have happened over the last week that surely they must be signs?

"I'll always keep you in my heart
With me, Lili Marlene
With me, Lili Marlene"

The narrator just said, "This song is full of yearning. It's about loss, isn't it?"

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I found in all my dads diaries that we looked (we didnt look at them all, a couple was more than enough! Every year had "Remember only the Happy Times"
So we had that on the order of service I will see if I can find a copy to show you
we put it with a hilarious photo of him on his last birthday!

Angel18

Sep 28, 2012
Piedwarbler

I found your post very moving, this is definitely a sign that your lovely mum is still around you. I hope all goes well at the funeral.

Creativesarah

What a lovely quote in your dear dad's diary Remember only the Happy Times. great advice.

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
We went to Barbs for Christmas dinner and my 3 year old grandson was asking Barb about my Mum.

GS: Whose that lady (in a photo) with Grandie?
B: That's my Mummmy and Grandie's wife, Nan D
GS: Did Nan D love me?
B: She would have loved you to bits, hugged you and kissed you all over.
GS: I know, she already kissed me when I came in..........

Hi Sisteract. I do believe children have a special insight. After my grandma and grandad died my baby cousin used to sit and stare at the corner of their house. Occasionally he would smile. Without fail he would do this everytime he was at the house. We always said he could see them there x