Involving Caregivers in Research

ResearchGal1

Mar 19, 2024
Hello everyone!

As part of my graduate program, I am exploring ways to effectively engage caregivers in research.

Having cared for my grandfather for many years, I am familiar with the challenges of caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's disease. My opinion is that the best source of information about this disease is from people living with it and those caring for them.

I'm hoping to gain insight into the most effective ways to engage caregivers in research in order to create health outcomes that are important to them and their loved ones.

If you have the time, could you please answer four questions:

(1) What kind of research activities would work best for you? Online, in-person, or a combination
(2) What support or resources would you find most helpful for participating in research studies? (Transportation services, flexible scheduling, financial assistance, virtual meetings, etc.)
(3) Would a mobile app for caregivers to access research information and participate in surveys be beneficial? Why or why not?
(4) What would you want researchers to know about the best way to engage caregivers in research and what health incomes are most important to you and your loved one with Alzheimer's?

Thank you so much for your help!

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally191612