Introducing

LadyB1

Sep 13, 2023
Hi my name is Donna, I’ve just been diagnosed with Alzheimers and I feel like my world has tilted, anyone else feel the same ?

Watson1

Sep 4, 2023
Hi Donna{LadyB1] Tilted that's an interesting way of putting it. Best get out the support beams and try to shore up your world the best you can. I hope you have good support people this alzheimers world can shift unpredictablely. I am recently diagnosed as well. I have started donepezil med which may help brain function some what. We are embarking on an adventure with hundreds of other people an none of us signed up that's the sad part. Everyday is a did i do this, where is that, Im sure i Just, well no you didn't. Don't panic try to understand anxiety watch out for anger write a note that you may look at later an go what's this. Talk , learn, cry, hug, go fo a walk, find that piece of pottery you aways hated smash it. Just remember we are on the same road together and not a damn bit of it is paved. Sitting here typing reading any of course most likely I think tilting. Be well

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello and welcome @LadyB1 I am sure that it must have been such a shock when you received your diagnosis. We have a number of members here who have been diagnosed with various forms of dementia and some of them do post on the various forums. This is a link to the forum 'I have dementia' which you may be interested in though of course you can comment on any of the others as well.

LadyB1

Sep 13, 2023
Thank you Sea Swallow for your welcome. To say “shocked” is an understatement!!! For a moment I contemplated suicide …… fortunately I’m a coward. I’m fairly pragmatic so I’ll just have to get on with it. I’m going to have a look around the site and see what it’s all about. I’ll probably have a good cry then onward and upward……….unfortunately I can’t even have a “drink” Hope you’re okay and coping well x

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
I am fine @LadyB1 thank you. It is my husband who has dementia. He is about five years into this journey and is doing quite well. I know it is hard but take one day at a time.

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
when I was given a scrap piece of paper with the words of Lewy body dementia and the consultant say give that to your wife- I smiled and then left, walked down the road to catch my bus home- I felt NUMB- not sure what to think = my wife asked me how did I get on I show her the paper had a cup of tea - and said nothing after that and just carry on like nothing was wrong-

LadyB1

Sep 13, 2023
Aww that’s heartbreaking, but understandable, but When you’re over the shock I’m sure you’ll have a torrent of questions and there will be tears, and hopefully some smiles. Best of luck❤️
when I was given a scrap piece of paper with the words of Lewy body dementia and the consultant say give that to your wife- I smiled and then left, walked down the road to catch my bus home- I felt NUMB- not sure what to think = my wife asked me how did I get on I show her the paper had a cup of tea - and said nothing after that and just carry on like nothing was wrong-