1. Q&A: Medication - Thurs 22nd November, 3-4pm

Do you have questions about medication and drug treatments for dementia? There's no drug to cure dementia yet, but it's often possible to relieve some symptoms.

Our next expert Q&A will be hosted by Simon from our Knowledge Services team. He will be answering your questions on Thursday 22nd November from 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Introducing carers when Mum refuses

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Talking Point' started by Soph, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Soph

Soph New member

Sep 11, 2018
    Hi.

My Mum is 72 and has been diagnosed for 15 months with Alzheimer’s and frontal temporal damage (possibly FTD but not confirmed). She knows her language finding is difficult but has no insight into her other needs and is fiercely independent. Dad is struggling and we need extra support to help with giving Dad a break regularly. She is starting to need personal care but we can manage for a bit longer between my sister and I. Sorry for long post - it’s all so difficult and sad.

2. karaokePete

karaokePete Volunteer Host

Jul 23, 2017
    Male
    Cyprus