inappropriate topics of chat or obsessions?

katie1

Aug 5, 2014
Kendal Cumbria
My father has recently started to occasionally talk about other people who are in the house (there is no one there) or ask about when he can go home. This happens regularly it is usually easy to distract him and change the subject but not so easy when he mentions the young lady that wanted to get into bed with him in the night, or that the lady wanted to sleep with him. He did also tell me about the OT therapist who went for a walk with him (which she did) and they held hands and skipped down the lane together. As she was sitting by me she said "well I remember the walk but not the holding hands and skipping bit"
I am just a bit worried that these mild sexual references could become more obsessive or put a female social worker, OT, nurse, or other professional at risk.
He might be getting a carer and I have specifically asked for a male carer.
Sometimes these "references" happen when others are there and it can be embarrassing for my Mum, it is much more difficult to distract him. I don't think he would understand if we said....thats a bit inappropriate Dad!
Anyone got any advice about these sexual references?

malomm

Mar 23, 2014
Campania Region, Italy
My father has recently started to occasionally talk about other people who are in the house (there is no one there) or ask about when he can go home. This happens regularly it is usually easy to distract him and change the subject but not so easy when he mentions the young lady that wanted to get into bed with him in the night, or that the lady wanted to sleep with him. He did also tell me about the OT therapist who went for a walk with him (which she did) and they held hands and skipped down the lane together. As she was sitting by me she said "well I remember the walk but not the holding hands and skipping bit"
I am just a bit worried that these mild sexual references could become more obsessive or put a female social worker, OT, nurse, or other professional at risk.
He might be getting a carer and I have specifically asked for a male carer.
Sometimes these "references" happen when others are there and it can be embarrassing for my Mum, it is much more difficult to distract him. I don't think he would understand if we said....thats a bit inappropriate Dad!
Anyone got any advice about these sexual references?
Hello and welcome. I don't have any specific advice on fantasies of a sexual nature. However I'm quite sure well trained professionals dealing with a dementia patient will take it all in their stride.
keep smiling,
malomm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilH