I tried

Justmary

Jul 12, 2018
West Midlands
This morning I took my OH for a trial visit to day care. Complete disaster. He got very angry, said it was full of old people who were all doolally. I'm so disappointed. I had started thinking about the things I could be doing in the next few weeks. So I suppose it's back to "normal" now - no interests, no conversation. He is physically strong and loves going out, especially if he manages to get his hands on things that he can later hide in a drawer or under the furniture. I just want a little bit of normality in my life.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Dont give up. Try again later. The first time we went to a Musical Minds group, way back at the beginning of the diagnosis, we walked in and there was a line of wheelchairs and zimmers. John looked horrified and I swiftly suggested we go for a pub lunch. Two months later we tried again. We both loved it and continued for several years before he started daycare. Nowadays he doesn't notice disabilities because he's one of them.

Guzelle

Aug 27, 2016
Sheffield
I am in the same boat, my OH was diagnosed 3 years ago and went to day centre for 4 months then decided they were all old and crazy and he wasn’t so wouldn’t go anymore.

I’ve tried again but he won’t go!

This Friday I have a support worker coming to take him out In the afternoon. It’s a free service for 12 weeks in the hope of getting him to agree to go to a day centre again. I hope so as I am really I need of a break!

Justmary

Jul 12, 2018
West Midlands
Thank you Marionq, I will try again, maybe in 2 or 3 months. There must be something out there that will work at some point in the future.
Guzelle I hope it works out for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5