I think us that got that dementia are sorry

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Come I got that dementia so I feel bad when I read how much trouble we cause for our family I know for sure for me anyway we don't want to be so many trouble. I'm so sorry for you guys and pray the Lord Will help you and keep your spirits up God bless you all you are wonderful people and I bet deep down somehow your people got that dementia appreciate you I know I do

Jessie5

Jul 17, 2017
Oh bless you for your kind words. Dementia causes the trouble, not the people we love and care for. I think often we carers post the really bad stuff on here because it is a safe space for us to vent. We don’t post on the good days! My Mum is quite advanced now, but I took her out on Friday, we had a lovely drive, ate chocolate cake, enjoyed the autumn sunshine together. It isn’t all ‘trouble’ at all.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @MatthewB That is a lovely post, thank you for thinking about us carers. I really like to read your posts so I hope that you will continue to visit us,

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Oh bless you for your kind words. Dementia causes the trouble, not the people we love and care for. I think often we carers post the really bad stuff on here because it is a safe space for us to vent. We don’t post on the good days! My Mum is quite advanced now, but I took her out on Friday, we had a lovely drive, ate chocolate cake, enjoyed the autumn sunshine together. It isn’t all ‘trouble’ at all.
Thank you so much to be tell me this so happy to hear that story with your mommy it make me cry the good way. I wish you many more good days with her cause will remember your whole life.

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Hello @MatthewB That is a lovely post, thank you for thinking about us carers. I really like to read your posts so I hope that you will continue to visit us,
Oh thank you to say and I can't even tell you how much this means to me I think the Lord led me here and will keep coming back long as can remember how. Sometimes is confuse a little bit.

leny connery

Nov 13, 2022
oh matthew, I can only guess how bad my husband feels in his lucid moments for putting me through this. and reading your words remind me again just how sad he is for something that he does not even mean to put me through. thank you for being the voice of the ones who suffer and to remind the ones who care for them need to remember this too

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear @MatthewB

You did not choose yo get dementia nor did you do anything wrong to make you get it and so there is absolutely nothing to apologise for. It is not your fault.

As the widow of a person with dementia I am the one who is sorry. Sorry when my patience wasn't as good as it should have been, sorry my poor dear husband had to suffer this dreadful illness when he did nothing to warrant it and so sorry he was frightened and anxious and didn`t really know what was happening to him.

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Dear @MatthewB

You did not choose yo get dementia nor did you do anything wrong to make you get it and so there is absolutely nothing to apologise for. It is not your fault.

As the widow of a person with dementia I am the one who is sorry. Sorry when my patience wasn't as good as it should have been, sorry my poor dear husband had to suffer this dreadful illness when he did nothing to warrant it and so sorry he was frightened and anxious and didn`t really know what was happening to him.
God bless you poor dear lady I'm so sure he know your kind heart and you got nothing to be sorry bout either please not to feel bad you was very good to him I can tell . I'm can wish there ain't no more them dementia has make so many unhappy I'm hope and pray you are be so happy right this time

Remotecarer

Oct 25, 2023
Come I got that dementia so I feel bad when I read how much trouble we cause for our family I know for sure for me anyway we don't want to be so many trouble. I'm so sorry for you guys and pray the Lord Will help you and keep your spirits up God bless you all you are wonderful people and I bet deep down somehow your people got that dementia appreciate you I know I do
My mum thanked me for what I was doing last time I was there. I told her the same as many of us will be able to say - when I was born I was incontinent, unable to feed myself and bloody noisy, She was there without fail (and I'll just bet she had moments when she wished she wasn't) so my brother and I are highly unlikely to try and shirk returning the favour. It's just how life works.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
First it was my mum got a touch "dotty" but then my got AZ, both now longer with us so first Christmas alone.
All I can say it that it was an honour and a previlige to look after them both. I'd do it all again if I had to.
K

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
My mum thanked me for what I was doing last time I was there. I told her the same as many of us will be able to say - when I was born I was incontinent, unable to feed myself and bloody noisy, She was there without fail (and I'll just bet she had moments when she wished she wasn't) so my brother and I are highly unlikely to try and shirk returning the favour. It's just how life works.
You must be so good person is a good think thought you have on there God bless you for all you do for her

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
First it was my mum got a touch "dotty" but then my got AZ, both now longer with us so first Christmas alone.
All I can say it that it was an honour and a previlige to look after them both. I'd do it all again if I had to.
K
So kind that you say for your momma Lord bless you