I think the surveillance camera is trouble!

Dimelza

May 28, 2013
I can't stop checking in dad. Like now, he's wandering about his little home, just wandering as he can do and it's so late, he's yawning, fiddling with slippers and cushions. He's got blooming Through The Keyhole on as I left him watching rugby earlier but he can't change channel himself any more.
I just want to swoop in and out him to bed but he's very resistant to anything like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
The down side of a surveillance camera, but at least you know he is safe, so go to bed now, if you can!!!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I'm in the same house as my wife so I don't need a camera to see what's going on, same as every night she's reorganising her knicker drawer, I could film it and maybe call it "Fifty Shades of Grey"
but good taste forbids it.
K

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
No different to these "angel baby monitors" that my children had for our grandchildren. You can hear every adorable breath the darling teeny tiny baby makes..... Acoustics, That would drown out Glastonbury's top of the bill heavy metal act

so the parents, despite thinking this machine is reassurance...... Keeps them awake all night whilst their darling angel safely sleeps the night through

Stop watching..... Go to bed

Monday, if you must, get a movement monitor that alerts you to very unusual activity like a front or back door opening during stupid o'clock

Dimelza

May 28, 2013
I was/am in bed but It's an app on my phone that alerts when there's movement or sound FATAL!! However, this option is only for a 2 week trial then I'll have to go look randomly.
At least I know he went to bed at 11.35pm (!!) so I'll head off the carers at 10, he will be really confused to be woken and angry, he will kick them out.
Need to adjust the timing of their visits I think!
I find it equally comforting and sad to watch what he gets up to. I wish I could be at home with him more.