I love you

susiecol

May 8, 2024
Been to visit mum today,my visits are getting shorter as mum says 'nice to see you,come again soon' 5 minutes in...

Today mum said 'I love you so much'!!! My heart ❤️

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It shows your mum still knows who you are @susiecol Just a flash of insight.

My mother once said,` You keep finding me` when she was in hospital and I hadn`t heard her speak for months.

Jools1402

Jan 13, 2024
That is so lovely. I'm sure you will treasure it. I'm quite envious - my Mum has never in my life told me she loves me - and never will. Not even exactly sure if she does.

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Treasure that moment and hold it in your heart - it's made me tear up, according to mum she doesn't have a daughter (me), only a son.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
My (now late) wife was only a little thing, she got early onset over 10 years ago.
On day I was washing up and without me noticing got up off her stool in the kitchen, came up behind me, put her arms round me (from behind) kissed me on the shoulder blade, told me she loved me then went and sat down again, that moment will stay with me forever, made it all worthwhile. K

Hilly66

Nov 7, 2022
Coulsdon
Been to visit mum today,my visits are getting shorter as mum says 'nice to see you,come again soon' 5 minutes in...

Today mum said 'I love you so much'!!! My heart ❤️
Treasure and enjoy every moment you have with your mum. We have just lost my mum to Alzheimer’s. She ended up receiving end of life care and died shortly afterwards. We still miss her funny Alzheimer’s behaviour and would do anything to have her back with us, but she is at peace now. The last thing my mum said to my husband was “look after her for me” 🥰

susiecol

May 8, 2024
My (now late) wife was only a little thing, she got early onset over 10 years ago.
On day I was washing up and without me noticing got up off her stool in the kitchen, came up behind me, put her arms round me (from behind) kissed me on the shoulder blade, told me she loved me then went and sat down again, that moment will stay with me forever, made it all worthwhile. K
That's a lovely memory 😊
Treasure and enjoy every moment you have with your mum. We have just lost my mum to Alzheimer’s. She ended up receiving end of life care and died shortly afterwards. We still miss her funny Alzheimer’s behaviour and would do anything to have her back with us, but she is at peace now. The last thing my mum said to my husband was “look after her for me” 🥰
So sorry for your loss ❤️