I Love This Forum But...

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by Arthur ASCII, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Soroptimist

Soroptimist Registered User

Jun 10, 2018
    Just to say that my main frustration with this disease has always been the lack of support from GPs, charities and social services. The people on this forum know way more about how to communicate with a person with anosognosia, (lack of insight) than the professionals.

For me personally, the disease allowed me to get closer to my mum than I was before, and I feel my care of her was the most important job of my life. So although there is lots of horrible stuff, there is some good stuff too.

2. Thethirdmrsc

Thethirdmrsc Registered User

Apr 4, 2018
    You are so right. Even some family members, it’s out of sight, out of mind. Every single one of my days involves tears, sometimes both of us, low lows, and wee highs, and the highs are only when he is happy and settled. And no one really bothers their backsides.