I just need a rant

velocity

Feb 18, 2013
North Notts
Hi everybody sorry I just want to rant then I'll feel better in fact just getting this far is helping. Like others ive heard what can happen I've read what can happen but when whatever 'it' happens it catches you unaware. I managed to get my Mum into Sainsburys changing room to try on a blouse and trousers, great it was a good day she did well. So wait outside while Mum put her clothes back on. She came out holding her cardigan saying it wasn't hers I confirmed it was and asked her to put it on, I could tell she was confused so I said take you coat off and put your cardigan on please. I looked away at the clothes, glanced back Mum had taken her jumper off standing there with trousers on (phew) bra and vest in the Supermarket. Big intake breath' ,please put your jumper on Mum' putting it over her quickly. Then just continued shopping!!!
I feel better now thanks :)

rhubarbtree

Jan 7, 2015
North West
They are always one step ahead of us aren't they velocity. We think we are in control ....

My Oh has been going on about a jumper he lost at a club, a man has it, the man picked it up, the man wasn't there last week, the man still has his jumper. I thought he had lost it and was inventing an explanation. I said not to worry it was only a well worn fleece. Lol and behold he came back with it this week.

InnerGeek

Feb 9, 2016
It's funny how things like that can catch you unawares, isn't it? Somehow it feels worse when things happen outside of the home, too. It's like there's a whole different level of 'normal' in your own four walls. I was knocked for six this weekend when I took dad to get a coffee after his weekly shop. He complained it was too warm in the coffee shop so I suggested he take his jumper off. Eventually he agreed, only to reveal another jumper underneath, and a t-shirt under that! I said, making conversation, "oh, no wonder you were warm, you've had two jumpers on." He looked down in surprise and said "Oh, I didn't know that!"

Glad you got your mum sorted in the end, and having a getting it off your chest is always good :)

irismary

Feb 7, 2015
West Midlands
I left oh just to put his trousers on and went off to get myself showered etc went to dry hair about 10mins later and noticed trousers on the bed. Called oh and there he was in socks, boxers, tshirt no trousers but belt round his waist. He was watching the children going to school! Fortunately just through the window and not at the door. Said he didn't know what to do with them. I make sure now

rhubarbtree

Jan 7, 2015
North West
OH informed me this morning that he had left his underpants on under his pyjamas. Not the end of the world. But he was so annoyed at himself.

Last night he also put out his clothes for golf. A very odd combination. I have learnt not to say anything at night as it causes an argument. I just put the offending things away. This morning I casually said "Put your grey roll neck on it's cold out there". He complied. He is so much brighter in the mornings.

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
What is it with clothes. My mum often wears several jumpers. She gets aggressive so the care home staff just let her be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daxiemum