i have vascular dementia

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I had something important I wanted to say at church this morning stood up to say it and it went clean out of my head embarrassed or what fortunately I had pen and paper in my bag so I wrote it down and tried again! The person sitting next to me squeezed my hand when I forgot my words. It was that I am giving a dementia friends talk in our church cafe next week ! Today I have got the worst headache I have had for ages so I may go back to bed for a bit I hope that once the assessment is behind you you will start to feel better we don't need the extra pressure these things bring.

black night

Sep 26, 2014
I have vascular dementia can somebody help me

I had something important I wanted to say at church this morning stood up to say it and it went clean out of my head embarrassed or what fortunately I had pen and paper in my bag so I wrote it down and tried again! The person sitting next to me squeezed my hand when I forgot my words. It was that I am giving a dementia friends talk in our church cafe next week ! Today I have got the worst headache I have had for ages so I may go back to bed for a bit I hope that once the assessment is behind you you will start to feel better we don't need the extra pressure these things bring.

Yes that's for sure my memory is getting bad my wife is getting me a dicta phone so I can remember what people have talked to me about this esa medical assessment is the last thing we need now .me and my wife are arguments are getting bad becase of my depression and angsity attacks. I don't know wy my consultant took me off my depression tablets I know thay didn't do me any good but I should be given something to calm me down case at the moment I'm in a dark place :confused:

black night

Sep 26, 2014

I wish there was something I could do to help

Hi Sarah today my doctor put me on antidepressant again I had a phone call from alzheimers society and she is going to help me with what I'm intitaled to becase at the moment dwp has cut my esa benifits there mistake and I'm paying for it I'm getting £63 a week can't live on that no wonder my depression is gone through the roof. Absolutely disgusting :confused:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi Sarah today my doctor put me on antidepressant again I had a phone call from alzheimers society and she is going to help me with what I'm intitaled to becase at the moment dwp has cut my esa benifits there mistake and I'm paying for it I'm getting £63 a week can't live on that no wonder my depression is gone through the roof. Absolutely disgusting :confused:

So pleased that finally someone is helping you my friend . Hopefully they can sort it all out. With you feeling so low the antidepressants will be of help and I am glad your GP listened . Good luck for Wednesday ! I shall keep my fingers crossed for you and Theresa

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

black night

Sep 26, 2014

So pleased that finally someone is helping you my friend . Hopefully they can sort it all out. With you feeling so low the antidepressants will be of help and I am glad your GP listened . Good luck for Wednesday ! I shall keep my fingers crossed for you and Theresa

Hi chic I had some good advise from sherliy the alzheimers society near me and she advised me to pospone my assessment medical on wensday she seid to me to get as much proof as I can so the mri scan and original letter of my dyicnose of vascular dementia. I know what atos are like I'm a lowed one cancalation of assessment that will give me more time to get all my proof of my illness. Take care chic all ways a pleasure to talk to you love stev terasa by for now xxxxx:confused:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi chic I had some good advise from sherliy the alzheimers society near me and she advised me to pospone my assessment medical on wensday she seid to me to get as much proof as I can so the mri scan and original letter of my dyicnose of vascular dementia. I know what atos are like I'm a lowed one cancalation of assessment that will give me more time to get all my proof of my illness. Take care chic all ways a pleasure to talk to you love stev terasa by for now xxxxx:confused:

Brilliant Steve , that's what I said before make sure you got all your proof with you :) make sure doctors and consultants copy a report to you so you can take them with you . So glad you finally getting the help you so need my friend. Onwards and upwards :)

black night

Sep 26, 2014

Brilliant Steve , that's what I said before make sure you got all your proof with you :) make sure doctors and consultants copy a report to you so you can take them with you . So glad you finally getting the help you so need my friend. Onwards and upwards :)

Hi chic I have sent a letter to our local authorities for my mri scan hope to hear from them next week .and cancelled my medical assessment for atos thay seid that I can cancel only once that's what I did to get all my proof and I seid to the person on phone it won't effect my benifit he seid no it won't hope he isint lieing .better not be say hello to Sarah for me love stev and terasa xxxx:confused:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi chic I have sent a letter to our local authorities for my mri scan hope to hear from them next week .and cancelled my medical assessment for atos thay seid that I can cancel only once that's what I did to get all my proof and I seid to the person on phone it won't effect my benifit he seid no it won't hope he isint lieing .better not be say hello to Sarah for me love stev and terasa xxxx:confused:

Good to hear Steve , so you are more prepared for your battles this time :) in the meantime just relax and take it easy :)

black night

Sep 26, 2014

Good to hear Steve , so you are more prepared for your battles this time :) in the meantime just relax and take it easy :)

Hi chic right now there's not a lot going on we have to wait until wensday or Thursday to ring up and start a new pip benifit again more wrighting it's taking another week to get ride of last claim the carer support group lady seid we should start again and claim again it's tipiecal it's making my depression and angsity attacks back as it was so it takes a week to push and click a button. Any way I hear that the doctors are going to desiderata who's ill and who is not :confused:

black night

Sep 26, 2014

Well if someone is getting this message than what I are going to say it's all me paper work from if tgets in a tyory camoron wake up :confused:

black night

Sep 26, 2014

Hi chic or Sarah I'm still waiting till Monday to ring up dwp for new pip benifit paper work I went to an phicio therapy this morning and my imbalance is a little worse than the last time I went .so I came home with a nother zimmer frame one for down stairs and I got one for up stairs .my arms are getting mor nume so also I have moved in spare room becase of my illness and trying to get better sleep not worked yet .terasa had a letter from carer's support group saying thay have giving a grant of £100 in our bank it's for her to have her hair done or we can go for a meal or something. It will help becase I'm still only getting £63 a week on sick benifits esa just can't live on it :confused:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hi chic or Sarah I'm still waiting till Monday to ring up dwp for new pip benifit paper work I went to an phicio therapy this morning and my imbalance is a little worse than the last time I went .so I came home with a nother zimmer frame one for down stairs and I got one for up stairs .my arms are getting mor nume so also I have moved in spare room becase of my illness and trying to get better sleep not worked yet .terasa had a letter from carer's support group saying thay have giving a grant of £100 in our bank it's for her to have her hair done or we can go for a meal or something. It will help becase I'm still only getting £63 a week on sick benifits esa just can't live on it :confused:

Good news from carers support black night :) I am sorry you are not sleeping all that well Steve , might get better once you are more used to spare room as it can take a little while. Do you know when your Atos meeting is yet? Thinking of you and Theresa

black night

Sep 26, 2014

Good news from carers support black night :) I am sorry you are not sleeping all that well Steve , might get better once you are more used to spare room as it can take a little while. Do you know when your Atos meeting is yet? Thinking of you and Theresa

No I havint heard yet but the women from the carers suport group should have rang up to make an appointment to see me. We havint heard anything for 3 weeks still waiting from our hospital to send me my mri scan .I just hope that thay will send mri before my esa sick benefit assessment. I think that the lady who is dealing with our care seid that someone in the group will come with us becase aparently asesers won't take any notice of what my wife says .With love stev and terasa xxxx :confused:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
No I havint heard yet but the women from the carers suport group should have rang up to make an appointment to see me. We havint heard anything for 3 weeks still waiting from our hospital to send me my mri scan .I just hope that thay will send mri before my esa sick benefit assessment. I think that the lady who is dealing with our care seid that someone in the group will come with us becase aparently asesers won't take any notice of what my wife says .With love stev and terasa xxxx :confused:

I'm glad carers support are going with you :) make sure you get her to ask about putting you in esa support group, which is a bit more money for you and you will continue to be in that group until you are of retirement age! Wishing you and Theresa a peaceful day and lots of luck for your assessment :)

black night

Sep 26, 2014

I'm glad carers support are going with you :) make sure you get her to ask about putting you in esa support group, which is a bit more money for you and you will continue to be in that group until you are of retirement age! Wishing you and Theresa a peaceful day and lots of luck for your assessment :)

Well chick I wonder if I can pick your brain I've had a letter back from my local hospital saying I can have my mri scan if I can produce my identity what shocked me was I have to pay up to £50 to get my medical records back for my esa benifits assessment up and coming has totally made me feel that I'm not going to end up in a big mess .I just can't beleave it I'm speachless. :confused:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Never heard of that one Steve as all consultants copy us in their reports anyway. I will check it out and be back in a few min :)

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Well chick I wonder if I can pick your brain I've had a letter back from my local hospital saying I can have my mri scan if I can produce my identity what shocked me was I have to pay up to £50 to get my medical records back for my esa benifits assessment up and coming has totally made me feel that I'm not going to end up in a big mess .I just can't beleave it I'm speachless. :confused:

Just checked max fee is up to £10 but prob 50 for scans ! Gosh it's a lot of money! Might be better to ask them to copy you on every report or ask GP if he will write you a letter with medical conditions for ESA .

black night

Sep 26, 2014

Just checked max fee is up to £10 but prob 50 for scans ! Gosh it's a lot of money! Might be better to ask them to copy you on every report or ask GP if he will write you a letter with medical conditions for ESA .

Hi chick I have to see doctor I the morning I will see what he can do I've had phicio therapy and becase I'm falling down a lot now thay have giving me 2 zimmer frame one up stairs and one down stairs so now I get around with frames .so I'm living from day to day on saterday night I woke up and couldn't move my face muscles I think it's called a very minute stroke iv had a lot of them in last to years .anyway thank you for the info chick my best to you and your family hope to catch you soon I get a lot of info on hear wonderful by by xxx :confused: