1. clymout

clymout Registered User

Jan 10, 2007
    Devon
    Well, after my post yesterday about all the negative behaviour of mum since she's been taking Aricept -

I have just come in from work to find she has been out to the shops on her own, bought wine, choccies, flowers and a new top, found her own way home - (not lost the keys or money en route), told me she doesn't want any tea - she's made her own and she's currently sitting in the conservatory eating an apple that she has peeled herself!

I can't tell you how remarkable the difference is - normally I have to push food in front of her and tell her to eat it, and she's never taken the initiative to leave the house for the six months she's been here - I've had to do absolutely everything for her.

I am gobsmacked and thrilled - she's chatting away about her day - I hadn't even realised just how much of her has been missing until now!

This is the first happy thing I have had to share since she got ill and it's brilliant - I want to kiss the world!!!

Jo xxx:D

2. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    What lovely new

Its lovely when that happen.

3. scarlett

scarlett Registered User

May 31, 2007
    Derby
    so pleased for you, know exactly what you mean. the difference for my mum was astounding too:)

4. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    John was prescribed galantamine from day one, and it had that effect on him. It was amazing! He's still on it, plus Ebixa now, and although he's now approaching later stage, I'm sure it has slowed the progression, he was reasonably well for six years.

I hope the improvement continues for your mum.

Love,

5. Lucille

Lucille Registered User

Sep 10, 2005
    Dear Jo

So pleased to hear your news. How fantastic for your mum to be able to do those things ... and for you at seeing the results.

Long may it continue!:D

6. chip

chip Registered User

Jul 19, 2005
    Scotland
    Hope they put my husband on it as well. As they are looking at his meds as he has had another 2 seizures. He is on Rivigstigmine and i dont think it is working now. It sounds like a wonder drug and helps us and them.

7. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Dear Jo, What amazing news, in such a short time, no wonder people are fighting tooth and nail for Aricept.
    I`m so pleased for both you and your mum.

Love xx

8. Kathleen

Kathleen Registered User

Mar 12, 2005
    West Sussex
    Dear Jo

Fantastic news, long may it last too.

I can just picture you Mum sitting there in the conservatory.

Kathleen
    x

9. fearful fiona

fearful fiona Registered User

Apr 19, 2007
    London
    Dear Jo

This is super news, I'm so pleased for you (both). Lovely to have such great news on TP.

10. Taffy

Taffy Registered User

Apr 15, 2007
    Hi Jo, this is indeed great news, I am so happy for you and your mum. Wishing you both many,many more days like it. Taffy.:)

11. Áine

Áine Registered User

Brilliant news Jo - a real day to treasure.

12. clymout

clymout Registered User

Jan 10, 2007
    Devon
    Many many thanks for all your kind responses. I only hope more of us have such good things to share.

Best wishes to everyone.

Jo