I have a diagnosis of MCI

Tchapman

Aug 13, 2022
Essex
HI I was diagnosed with MCI on the 28th of July this year I feel like I'm in shock as I wasn't expecting to her this from the Dr its like I'm grieving I sometimes get everything mixed up when I talk and people avoid me because they don't understand it or they tell me not to dwell on it when you can't because it's always there I wish there was more support like a support group for people with mci in London I called the admiral support line with helped but I feel so scared that it's going to affect my work or driving or haveing dementia horible,

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @Tchapman and welcome to our community. I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis and understandable fears for the future. This is a great place to find information and get support from other members. Have a good look around and perhaps start a thread of your own in this forum as you may get more responses that way.

You may find this information about MCI to be helpful

Last edited:

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
when I was first told Ive got MCI by the DR - the most I got was I refer you to Memory clinic and that was that- I found others around me not taking the diagnoses seriously stating Its just age or not talking about has though It will go away and just continue has normal. I had people raising there voice to me like i was deaf , hoping if they shout loud enough it will sink in, others keep thinking I'm ill and a rest on the bed or few days away will sort it out. or taking the micky out of me .