I got thru christmas and new year

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Hi all,
I found it so much more dificult to cope this year than last with cristmas and everything that went with it.
I spent a lot of time with Spencer and family which was lovely, hectic but great. The last 2 days russell has been down with luke and oliver - my 2 grandsons from chesterfield. Although we skype every week it is the first time i have actually seem them since august. I took us all to a pantomine yesterday. We all enjoyed it. Peter Pan. First one i had been to in years.
After they left this morning i tidied up then went to tell bryan all about it and feed the birds. Seems silly but i just felt the need to do it.
I had a dr. appointment this afternoon to get the results of some blood tests. All is fine. Seems i am in very good health, so why do i not feel like it!ere
Feel really flat and alone again this evening after the last two having the boys to chat to and russell to catch up with after they went to bed.
I will be taking the decorations down over the weekend. Although i struggled to put them up, the place will look empty when they are down.
Oh how i wish Bryan was here. As my doctor said when you are grieving your resistance is lower and you take longer to get over everything.
I do hope everyone here can have a Very Happy and Healthy New Year.
Love and hugs Muriel xx:confused:

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Muriel,
I also have felt the difficulties of a Christmas without a loved one. Its great to have children and grandchildren around us but it is still tough. How would we be without them though?

Its good you have been looked after well.

Good to hear that your blood tests are ok and hope the flat feeling soon disappears. This time of the year seems hard for many of us.

I hope 2013 is kind to you.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Hello Muriel,
The birds will appreciate the care you take especially now when food is hard for them to find. A few weeks and nest building will start again.
I can't believe it's twelfth night this weekend. It only feels like 5 minutes since I put up the tree.
Sending a hug Muriel xx

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
I found it harder this year I spent christmas and new year with my nephew and family and Bertie had a play mate as well they had the tree over lots and made us all laugh I'm sure mum and dad were with us in spirit
Glad you blood test were ok hope you have a healthy new year
Love larivy