I found it. .....

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
This morning when getting dad changed I managed to miss place his incontinent pad. Eventually I assumed I had just thought I'd got a new one out and probably hadn't. So got another it and thought nothing of it.

Just got home and went to the washing machine to take it dad's bedding and guess what. One exploded incontinent pad happily sitting in the machine. The biggest mess ever. Had to re wash everything there is hundreds of tiny foam bits all over my lawn.

I must of scooped it up with his sheet. Note to self check all washing thoroughly in future.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Talking Point mobile app

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Several times, William shoved his incontinence pads down the loo. Originally, it wasn't too much of a problem (he didn't know how to flush it), but then the Health Service changed to cheaper pads. The absorbancy was the same. The only difference was that if they got stuffed down the loo (or put in the bath or washbasin), they sort of exploded. The old ones didn't - the outer, waterproof layer held it all together even when it was completely sodden! The new ones just disintegrated into a gazillion little bits of soggy confetti!:(

My worst thing with laundry though wasn't anything to do with William or dementia! I have a pair of black microfibre pants - they are Winter trousers, with fleece lining. Last year, I failed to see them in the washing machine, and they didn't get taken out. Next load in contained an off-white angora jumper. I could've cried when I saw the trousers! It took me ages, with a roll of packing tape, to get all the white fluff off them!

Last edited:

twinklestar

Sep 14, 2014
With Mum, it was paper handkerchiefs....paper bloo8y tissues!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr:mad::D

Never mind mum doing it. Have done it myself. Annoying to say least!!!

Talking of tissues. Mum's medication gives her a runny nose so there are always scrunched up tissues about. It is one of those continuous jobs, picking them up.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Why do the tissues always appear in the black/dark coloured wash?

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
Runny nose

Mum's doctor called it rhinitis. He prescribed a spray once a day called Avamys which has reduced the output no end. Worth asking for I'd say.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Its tissues here too . . . Mil is going through an average of a family box of tissues, and a loo roll a day :eek: They go into pockets, up sleeves, under pillows and into the pillow cases, tucked into her bra, and even into her knickers . . . and I always , always miss at least one, in amongst the washing :(

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Oh my, I didn't realise those tissues were so popular. Hubby goes through them at some rate - I have to detect where they all end up, especially when he shreds them. But in the washing machine - a real nightmare.

Moliannu

Jul 3, 2014
Mum won't use paper hankies. She insists on real ones. I spend half my day picking up and washing them. I used to iron and fold them, but now just wash, dry and return them to her. I could never fold them how she wanted them however hard I tried.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Heavens! When I was using a pack of tissues a day, I had nasal polyps! Quick op, problem solved. Not that I am suggesting that's why mil is using so many!