I feel so angry

Geof

Jun 1, 2016
Lancashire
Three months ago when my wife's condition seriously worsened and I had to start considering a CH, our local mental health team referred me to nCompass, an outside agency that carries out carers assessments in our area. Apart from a brief phone call a few days later I heard nothing from them until last week when they called me again. Apparently I had 'Slipped through the net' but, even though my wife is now in permanent care, they still want to do the assessment in ten days time. The day after that I had a call from the Lancashire Wellbeing Service. nCompass had referred me to them and they want to interview me in two weeks time. Apparently they offer support and counselling services. Where were these people three months ago when I was struggling to work out the best way forward on my own with no support and no one to discuss the options with? It's a bit late now for them to want to start poking about in my life! I had to make the decision unsupported and now have to live with the consequences, the loneliness and guilt.

irismary

Feb 7, 2015
West Midlands
So sad Geof that at your time of need the services that should support you did not. I am sure you have done the right thing. We slipped through the net with my mom - she does not have dementia but my husband does. Someone came out to assess and didn't do the paperwork then left so we had to start from scratch. 3 months for a simple care package for a 92 year old. It is such a battle. Take care

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Geof, l am so sorry you have had so much extra stress, we have so much to cope with, without people messing us about. It makes me so cross when l hear of how people are treated today. Thinking of you Geof.