I am glad

marmarlade

Jan 26, 2015
Its my birthday the first one since hubby died,so instead of thinking off not having him here, I celebrated my birthday with a cup of coffee and a cream cake that I shared with the dog.Yes I wish he was here,but to know he,s free from the pain of a fractured hip ,chest infection and of course the dementia,I couldnt wish him back,he,s still here with me I have photos of him in every room,its gives me the comfort to have him around even in a photo,

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Happy birthday. I bet your dog wishes it was your birthday every day!
If you think of the past keep those thoughts to the good times.

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
Happy birthday ,have a lovely day.
I'm having a well earnt lie in and a coffee my hubby is having a few days respite.
I will have the cream bun later .Enjoy the simple things in life.much love xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Happy Birthday Marmalade, hope you treat yourself more!

I am another who knows what you mean about photos. He will always be with you, in your mind and heart.

Loo xx

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Happy birthday ...cream cake yummy! This may not be to everyone's taste but a couple of years before dad died when he was a bit more coherent and less grumpy some days I recorded a couple of minutes video of him singing and chuckling which I look at from time to time. Even though he was in the grips of moderate dementia by then and had some very challenging days it helps me to smile and remember the soft pre dementia dad.

Hopeful123

Oct 24, 2015
West yorks
Happy birthday ...cream cake yummy! This may not be to everyone's taste but a couple of years before dad died when he was a bit more coherent and less grumpy some days I recorded a couple of minutes video of him singing and chuckling which I look at from time to time. Even though he was in the grips of moderate dementia by then and had some very challenging days it helps me to smile and remember the soft pre dementia dad.
Happy Birthday Marmalade. I do hope you can enjoy your special day with thoughts of happy times. Glad you have a dog, they are such lovely companions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana1