husband with LBD not in appropriate care home

eastnor

Apr 23, 2019
Hi can anyone help my husband has lewy body. he is in a home being assessed the home that the mental health social. Worker said the home that the broker's went for as he had respite there a little while ago will not take him he dose have aggressive behaviour which has not been so bad while he has been in this home but I am not very pleased with some thing's in the home not enough stimulation as a lot of the other people are more advanced ,so I don't know what will happen now and where they will put him there are not many places that can deal with aggressive behaviour I'm so worried and upset I just lose interest in everything

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hi can anyone help my husband has lewy body. he is in a home being assessed the home that the mental health social. Worker said the home that the broker's went for as he had respite there a little while ago will not take him he dose have aggressive behaviour which has not been so bad while he has been in this home but I am not very pleased with some thing's in the home not enough stimulation as a lot of the other people are more advanced ,so I don't know what will happen now and where they will put him there are not many places that can deal with aggressive behaviour I'm so worried and upset I just lose interest in everything
Hello and welcome to the forum.

May I suggest a call to the helpline may be useful as the experts there are very good and may be able to give you a few pointers. It's not open today, Wednesday, but the normal hours are
National Dementia Helpline
0300 222 11 22
Our helpline advisers are here for you.
Helpline opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm

Live on-line advice is also available in the UK and you can see the details of that if you follow this link https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/national-dementia-helpline/live-online-advice

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @eastnor
and a warm welcome
it's tricky for you as each care home does need to make an assessment and be sure they can provide the level of care a potential resident needs
do let the social worker know your thoughts, if your husband is to be funded by the Local Authority they are obliged to offer at least one placement that is considered suitable but this doesn't have to be the one family may prefer - if your husband will be self-funding you can choose yourself, but that does mean it's down to you to find a suitable home if you don't want to go ahead with the one suggested
being realistic, it does sound as though the home he is living in currently have been able to help with his behaviour, and sometimes it is overstimulation that triggers or magnifies anxiety and aggression so maybe the quiet is helping him settle
sorry not to be of much help
do keep posting, members can at least support and sympathise