Husband says having bad nights and nightmares

Hazeybaby

Apr 4, 2018
My husband who is 78 years insists he is having bad nights and nightmares although he cannot remember them. I know he is sleeping although I am not in the same room and it seems to leave him drained. Is this a usual thing?

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
That could be a side effect of medication so if any new meds have been started it would be worth mentioning to the GP.

If the onset is sudden, it may also be an infection at play so that too may be worth checking.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Do you have the radio on in the morning? I listen to the Today programme from 6 am and I've noticed that if my husband hears it he incorporates a cobbled version in his conversation when I get him out of bed.

This morning he told me how sad it was that when we were at war we turned against good people as well as bad. He was barely awake so it seemed to be a mix of dreaming and hearing my radio.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
My husband complains quite often about having nightmares but there never seems to be a pattern to it and he can never remember what they were about. His medication has remained basically the same so I don't think I can blame that.

I just thought that it was part of the Alzheimer's, with the brain not functioning normally that it could be a possible explanation for it. He seems to have a run of 3-4 nights where he would have them but could then go 2-3 weeks where he is free of them.

Hazeybaby

Apr 4, 2018
That could be a side effect of medication so if any new meds have been started it would be worth mentioning to the GP.

If the onset is sudden, it may also be an infection at play so that too may be worth checking.
No new meds and I have told the Doctor.