Husband just been told he has mci

Lolly53

Apr 23, 2024
Hi my husband had a out of hospital cardiac arrest 5 years ago 41 mins down time now he has developed mci im concerned some thing are getting worse do we just go back to doctors or to memory clinic where he was seen his 58

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Lolly53 and welcome to the dementia support forum. I am sorry to read about your concerns that your husband's condition is getting worse. You could try contacting the memory clinic but if they are not able to offer you an early appointment then I would suggest that you contact his GP.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Hi my husband had a out of hospital cardiac arrest 5 years ago 41 mins down time now he has developed mci im concerned some thing are getting worse do we just go back to doctors or to memory clinic where he was seen his 58
Hi @Lolly53 and welcome to the forum.

My husband was undergoing assessment at the memory clinic in 2013 when he had a cardiac arrest in the December. It happened at home so I as was able to resuscitate him until the ambulance arrived. Then in the next July in 2014, he was diagnosed with atypical Alzheimer’s.

Too long a story for here but he was considered to be non diagnosed in 2020. The consultant vaguely blamed the original diagnosis on the cardiac arrest but he was already considered to have MCI long before that. I still think he didn’t really know what sort of dementia my husband had.

I hope that you can get some help soon.