Husband died in A&E.

Merriman22

Jan 21, 2020
My husband died recently after a bout of norovirus led to severe dehydration, a heart attack and total organ failure. He was in care but did not get enough fluids to replace what he was losing. I was not informed of his condition until it was too late. He died in A&E. Anyone else experienced something like this?

Havemercy

Oct 8, 2012
My husband died recently after a bout of norovirus led to severe dehydration, a heart attack and total organ failure. He was in care but did not get enough fluids to replace what he was losing. I was not informed of his condition until it was too late. He died in A&E. Anyone else experienced something like this?
I am so sorry to learn of this - so sad for you. Please do post here if you find the need - best wishes xxx

Karen22

Nov 3, 2012
My dad died last May in hospital because the junior doctor gave him too much fluid and his end was awful and so traumatic. I asked for it to be looked into but I still may report it to the CQC. I could never have believed that a thing like that could happen in hospital (although my mum had a similar experience in hospital five years ago but didn't die as a more senior doctor caught her in time, I think). You have my utmost sympathies.
Karen

Firecatcher

Jan 6, 2020
Wishing you my deepest condolences. I’m so sorry your beloved husband had such appalling care and this certainly won’t be an isolated incident. There’s been a lot in the media recently about people dying on trolleys in A&E.
I know you have a lot to deal with at the moment but please try and find someone who can help you write a formal letter of complaint. You have 12 moths to do this so you don’t need to do anything until you feel a bit stronger. If you can try and make some notes about what happened now whilst you have a clear memory of the events which led to his death. Once again I’m so sorry.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carol Diane