How to give reference number ?

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Dementia Talking Point' started by Stimpfig, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Stimpfig

Stimpfig Registered User

Oct 15, 2005
    Germany/India
    Hi experts

I had figured it out once but now it beats me. I wanted to reply to someone's thread by asking her to look up a message number so and so but wasn't able to do it without resorting to cut and paste which wasn't suitable for the occasion. So how do I give a msg. number from a past post ?

Thanks for some online training :)

2. CraigC

CraigC Registered User

Mar 21, 2003
    London
    #2 CraigC, May 17, 2006
    Last edited: May 17, 2006
    Hi Sue,

Just a thought.

If I've got this right, you are trying to give someone a link to a thread but make sure that they link directly to the relevant post within the thread?

One option is to select the message number (e.g. #3) and then right click and select the properties command.

properties.gif

The properties window will appear.

properties2.gif

Notice the the properties window has the URL including the message number. Just copy this, close the Properties window and then paste it wherever you need to refer to the exact post within a thread.

Is that what you are after Sue?
    Kind Regards
    Craig