How much more pain can mums body take

Babymare01

Apr 22, 2015
Hello there

So 2am this morning a call from CH. Mum had fallen out of bed. Paramedics had been called and I followed them to hospital. Another smashed up face and broken nose. In last months shes smashed her face badly twice and fractured her hip. How much pain can a frail body go through. How much more can mum endure.

I went back to CH with mum and sat on her bed quietly saying "its ok to let go mum. Its ok to go. Your beloved Scoobie dog is waiting for you. Just let go mum".

Tears just keep flowing - fortunately working from home so I can cry whilst working.

I love my mum dearly but I now cant remember my "mum". When I think of her I see this frail but nasty(Please I know its not my lovely mum but this damn evil illness). Just feel so tearful and low

The home are sourcing a hydraulic bed for mum so at least it can be lowered to reduce impact next time (I know there will be!) she falls x

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
This illness is so cruel, both to the patient and their loved ones.

Would a crash mattress on the floor at the side of the new bed also help?

(((HUGS)))

Babymare01

Apr 22, 2015
Nellbelles I spoke to CH re a crash mattress but they said "because mum still has some mobility (be it frail and not very steady) it would be more dangerous" ?

And yes the illness is so so cruel to all connected x

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi CCOLE
have no advice
but so much sympathy
glad you can come here to get off your chest

best wishes

Otiruz

Nov 28, 2015
Kent
Very sad to read this CCOLE - it's the utter unfairness of the disease and everything it brings which is so hard to come to terms with. I hope you and Mum find peace.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carol Diane