How many times

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
:confused:Haw meny times do i have to type this message before someone gets to read it ??????? but i will try again. Becouse god loves a tryer. Trust me i am a tryer . Here we go again. I am a58year old lady. Ihave had alz and VAS-DEM for 4years now . Unfortunutly it apears to be winning. I deal with it using a lot of humer.That is not saying i belittle the condision.When i was in employment i was a Crimemal physiology"ist,witch dosent help me becouse i have forgotten more than i cane rember. Isent that SODS low.I also looked after my husbend how had DM who sadly passed away 10 years ago.So thats about me .I hope i havent bored enyone???? .please excuse spelling words are not easy rite now Love Miss Cool

Jakkles

May 28, 2010
London
Your fantastic post!

Dear Miss Cool,
I thought your post was sensitive and hope that you are getting support from family and friends.
Please keep posting as it is always good to get an insight from you.
Jakkles:)

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
No Miss Cool you have not bored me at all. I like you keeping your humour, that is great. Have you looked at the 'Funny Joke' thread in the Tearoom.

It is easy to miss a Thread or Post so I am sure people do not intentionally ignore your posts.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
bored

Hi Miss Cool Bored - NO NOT AT ALL. We're here to listen, help and support u. Keep logging in we're here for you. You mention humour - you might like this, my favourite quote:

“Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.” Bill Cosby

Take care miss Cool, keep in touch XXX Chris:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
hello Miss Cool

You managed to post in the right place so well done. Now more people will read your posts and hopefully you will get more replies.
Take care. xx

sunny

Sep 1, 2006
Hi Miss Cool,

Great to talk, I love people with a sense of humour and even my mum who had vascular dementia would come out with some humour sometimes (it used to come right out of the blue when nobody was expecting it) she always had a wry sense of humour and it showed through so you can never keep a humour down - thank god.

And lets face it there are some funny moments - probably inadvertently sometimes but you have got to have a laugh, all this poe face business is a bit too much sometimes. I often used to have a chuckle at some of the things she used to say to the nurses and doctors and about them as well - usually in a very loud voice - their faces were a real picture! and sometimes she would say things about me to my face because she thought I was somebody else (usually her sister) - I have literally cried with laughter!

Last edited:

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Miss Cool,

You've already helped me on one of my threads and I'm so glad you're here. I also worry that my threads bore people because, let's face it...everyone on this forum has so many of their own problems, who's want to listen to mine? But they do!! So many of them.

So please keep involved, and keep providing such sensitive and valuable insight "from the other side". It was a great support for me recently. Thank you.

Also, pour out your own worries anytime you feel scared or lonely. TP can be like sitting in a room full of friends.

P.S don't apologise for your spelling. These days with email and texts, the words are getting shorter and more abbreviated between messages, so I need help reading texts from friends on my mobile, but, so far, have had NO problem understanding you.

Take care,

Annie x

Louise8

Jun 24, 2010
Bless you MIss Cool. You made me laugh. My hubby has recently been diagnosed with early onset Dementia. Keep up your humour...it is great...take Care Louise x:)

Haydar

Mar 13, 2010
Istanbul-Turkey
Hello Miss Cool,

Your existence in ?I have Dementia? forum has a great value to us. There are very few people writing in this forum. Because most of the people belong old generation therefore they don?t know how to use computers. I am the oldest one (76) but unfortunately I have inferiority complex writing in English as second language therefore I also don?t write very often.

I had found and read almost all threads posted by this forum?s people to know their experiences about Alzheimer?s and/or dementia.

Do you mind if I ask you few personal questions below, about your experiences?

How doctors diagnosed you with alz and VAS-DEM (Alzheimer?s and vascular dementia) for 4years ago?
At the time of diagnosis what stage was your dementia and currently in what stage they think? Which drugs they prescribed in the beginning and currently which drugs you are on?
Any side effects you had from these drugs?

Thank you and Best wishes, Haydar
________

Last edited by a moderator:

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Hello, I too have read your post. Keep posting and you will get replies as people get to know you.

We have other sufferers who post on the site and have got to know them very well indeed. It is also possible sometimes to meet up on occasions.

xxTinaT

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good morning Haydar

Please do not have an inferiority complex about anything, especially your English, which is excellent. There will be few on TP who are bi lingual and certainly not many who would be able to correspond with you in your language.
Take care xx