How Do I Write!?

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
I recieved an email, not too long ago and I was asked how I manage to write and why sometimes I don’t seem to reply straight away?

My first comment was, why do you think I cannot write? but it is obvious, we all know what he means; Dementia means you have lost it, gone, cuckoo and everything is impossible now! Well, it’s not true! Dementia does not mean the end of you, it just means we may have to do things a little bit different now, but I think that is the same for all of us as we get older!?

So, now to let you into my secret, I don’t reply directly. I have to copy your post and paste it into, Pages, the Mac text editor. I then start to compose an answer. This then requires redrafting a few times, until I’m happy that it is making sense.

I have a tendency to miss a lot of words. My brain obviously works faster than my hands. Spelling and grammar are the next things, but great, Pages has a built in checker for both. Depending on the length of the reply, or my blog post, because this is done in the same manner, except, I just start with ideas and thoughts written down, it takes me a morning, or afternoon session to complete, so that is about 2,3, or 4 hours. Then it is ready to post!

I find this method good for me and it isn’t new, I’ve always written in this way, it just a bit harder now and needs a bit more attention and help to complete correctly!

The physical method of typing and the mental effort of going through this whole process is good for keeping my brain active, or that is what I believe. If you don’t use it you lose it! This applies to many things.

So, I apologise if I don’t reply straight away, but I am working on it!

I do have a tendency to go on a bit sometimes, but that is not new either!

Please comment anytime and don’t worry about offending me, I’m thick skinned!

I’m here for me and if along the way I can help anyone else, then that is a big bonus!

Here is my blog if you ever fancy a read...Living With Dementia!

I've just noticed the link to my blog, in the signature below, is now working too! So you can get to my blog post by just clicking on that link. To the person that sorted this out... Thank You!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marta B