how do I quote from a section of a post?

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
You just click on the Multi-quote icon on the bottom of each reply you want to quote, you will see that it gives each one a tick, then you click on Reply to Thread, and the reply box has the relevant posts quoted inside it, which you can edit to suit yourselves by deleting bits you don't want.

Simples! ;)

SWMBO1950

Nov 17, 2011
Essex
Quick way to copy and paste (most typists will use this method).......

Highlight the text you want then press Ctrl (bottom left) and the the letter C

to paste

Place your curser where you want to put the text and then press Ctrl V

Voilà

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
(Re the original query,I've just realised that I use the right mouse button to copy and paste)

Now can I hijack Butters thread and ask how to multi quote from different posts?
Once I've clicked on REPLY, I just scroll down to the preceding posts below the reply area and highlight the part of the post I want to copy, right click and copy then go back to the reply and right click and paste. You can do this as many times as you like from the same thread. I hope that helps - and that you can understand it!

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Go to 'Settings' - top right of page - then 'Edit Avatar' and it will give you the option of uploading a photo from your computer. does this help?

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
Hi Butter, on my keyboard if I want the accent over the "E", before typing the " E" I press the "Alt Gr" key.

Lin x

SWMBO1950

Nov 17, 2011
Essex
It is available in symbols in word or from a translation site by typing in the English word and then copy and pasteing it into place :cool:

Voilà (as they say in France!!) :D

now how and where did you find that a with an accent? ....and I've been wondering how to accent 'e' for 40 years now ...?