how do I quote from a section of a post?

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
I know this is ridiculous but I cannot work out how to just quote part of a post in a reply. I have to quote all or nothing!

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Butter,

There may be simpler ways but this is how I do it. First I highlight the bit of text that I want to quote and copy it. Then on the line underneath where the fonts are there is a quote box (4th in from the right). Click on that and then paste in the middle of the quotes that come up on the page you are typing on. Practice a bit and see how you get on.

Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
CONGRATULATIONS

I remember clearly how I felt when I learnt to do these things:):) I even remember how I felt when I first posted a picture.

Now enjoy and I expect we'll be seeing you quoting left, right and centre:D

Love

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
Now enjoy and I expect we'll be seeing you quoting left, right and centre

:):):):):):):) :):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):)
left centre right

well I tried to separate the smiley faces into three groups ..... getting cocky .... riding for a fall!

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Butter you can be as cocky as you like on TP:D Isn't it wonderful to be able to have playful times on here as well as all the stress.

Love

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
Brilliant! I always use the whole quote, then delete the bits I don't want! You learn something new everyday. Thanks

So did I. How much easier this way :)

Just got to learn how to re size photos now :eek:

Lin x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Lin,

Do you have Paint? This is the programme I used to re-size. In case you don't know how to find out. Click on your start button and then click on All Programmes. Scroll down and click on Accessories. If you have Paint it should be an accessory.

Got to go now but will be back later.

Love

nmintueo

Jun 28, 2011
UK
how to just quote part of a post in a reply

Alternatively, click on "Reply With Quote", then just edit the text that appears between "[QUOTE...]" and "[/QUOTE]", cutting out any bits you don't want to include.

That way, the quote shows "Originally Posted by Butter [>>]", and the little icon after the name is a link directly to the original post that you're quoting.

As jan already pointed out, I now realise -

I always use the whole quote, then delete the bits I don't want!

Last edited:

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
I always used the whole quote and deleted the bits I don't want. Never thought of copying and pasting :rolleyes:
Now can I hijack Butters thread and ask how to multi quote from different posts?
Nanak
missing what has gone and scared of what is to come

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey