How Are You All Coping In This Weather ?

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Oh I remember all of those and I’m 55....

I loved Pippi Longstocking, oh and the program with the little boy and his magic ball??

Whilst we are being nostalgic remember old toys???

I had a navy blue silver cross bouncy dolls pram - I loved it

A bright orange original space hopper - I used to bounce all the way to shop and back?

Tiny tears doll

To keep on topic though, weather is bit cooler today thankfully, more breeze....

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
The @Singing RInging Tree made my sister in law scared of fish and made my husband hide behind the sofa. A very odd program indeed.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
We have rain and thunder. At @DianeW I will be 56 on Tuesday and I had Tiny Tears, Talking Doll, Baby Jane and Space Hopper. Mum didn't appreciate the mess I made on my clothes when playing on the space hopper in the garden.

Also I found Scooby Doo scary.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i did have a pram and a doll thay my nan had knitted clothes for and a space hopper. i had a scooter and very later on i had my bike. i had lots of books and board games like frustration and monopoly but no one to play them with. we didnt do family things.i liked the enid blyton books like the faraway tree. the covers were so nice and colourful and the pictures in the book sum up childhood. secret seven famous five, then went on to nancy drew and little house on the prairie which was later shown on tv. then the cassics jane eyre, wuthering heights. children of the new forest and my favourite the railway children. my childhood summed up in books

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Goodness, when I think of childrens tv I remember, Watch with Mother,
Picture Book, Andy Pandy, Wooden Tops, Rag Tag & Bobtail, The Flower Pot Men (Bill & Ben & Weeeed).

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Yes I loved Enid Blyton, the Railway Children and Nancy Drew Mysteries. I also had my pram, bike and pushchair and many dolls and I also played with my brothers toys.

MaNaAk

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We still haven`t had a drop of rain.

I woke in the night thinking `thank goodness it`s raining` but it was only my fan whirring around.

It`s dull and cloudy this morning but still very warm and dry. I didn`t water my plants last night in the hope of rain so will have to water them this morning.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I think that even the tortoises have been feeling the heat so I have been putting them on a tray and pouring water over them.

MaNaAk

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
i feel sorry for the people of sussex who havent had water since friday. must be awful, just shows need to be careful amount of water used and used for more than one purpose
My close friend has had his water cut off, his wife is chronically ill and they were supposed to deliver water by 9am but it didn't arrive until 2pm! Then water came back on, then it was off again due to a massive airlock the company hadn't cleared... shambles