House issues ...wearing me down !

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Hi all, just needed to post this. I'm after some advice. Re: mum's house. Am not sure how much more I can take of it. It's just problem after problem. I'm half way through Probate which I'm pleased to say. But I feel so stuck with the house. I have no where to go and I feel completely worn out. (I need a break). The boiler has been replaced now there's something else. My sibling as I've already mentioned in previous posts is no help. If I could I would just run. Take me and my cat and get out. As soon as mum left this house it started going down. Any advice would be appreciated on how I move forward and where? The house is not in a liveable state. I often wonder why should I be lumbered with it - I have nothing in writing that I am responsible for this property and that I have to live in it. Sorry to go on, I'm just really frustrated with everything!!

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Kevinl: Well, that's put a smile on my face ... Just out of interest whereabouts are you in the country? Thanks for replying.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Doesn't matter where we post from, caring is national or indeed international, me says it on my profile, over 10 years in and greater mananchester.k

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Can you sell at auction when probate done and get somewhere liveable? You can pretty much auction at any state.

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Ok. Thanks. I don't know anything about selling houses. All new to me. I just feel insecure not knowing where I'm going to be ... is that quicker than putting it up for sale?

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Yes. Auction can be done in 2-3 months. They will give you a minimum price they will accept but it may go higher. If the house is in a bad state it’s a good option as a developer may want it.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Yes. Auction can be done in 2-3 months. They will give you a minimum price they will accept but it may go higher. If the house is in a bad state it’s a good option as a developer may want it.
We didn't auction dad's house which I was living in but it was sold in the state it was and the buyer totally rearranged it after she bought it. We had two valuations from estate agents to give us an idea of the value. I can just imagine what you're going through except that my 'invisibles' suddenly became more interested in my situation after dad went into the care home!

MaNaAk

SMBeach

Apr 19, 2020
Not sure which country you are in but I know there are agents that but your house direct from you at valuation of just below valuation (I think), with a view to a quick sale. If you don’t feel the house is livable or easily made lovable then that or suction is probably best. You can also get house clearance companies to come in and empty the house of everything you don’t want/need. Or you could try selling stuff on Facebook oolong sites online.