house cleaning and sleeplessness

shelagh

Sep 28, 2009
Staffordshire
One serious and one silly post, both together. Feeling very virtuous because my bed room gleams having had a really thorough clean and put away, even did the top shelf of the book shelves which requires a step ladder.
But I did it all (knowingly) wearing my nighty and slippers. Eccentric, sluttish, or does everyone (anyone} do it?
My problems sleeping are getting worse. I have never been a good sleeper but night after night I am still wide awake at 4 am. Fortunately Paul sleeps like a log so my constant visits to the bathroom and sometimes down to the kitchen and my tossing and turning, reading and changing radio channels don't disturb him at all. GP and CPN say its OK to take the occasional Zopiclone - but even two don't work and the consultant says he doesn't like them and I should have a glass or warm milk instead. (Well I tried it, because he's the consultant after all. And I suppose its possiut that chronic insommnia can be cured as easily as that - but of course it had no effect at all.
Is this part of the progression of the illness or am I just unlucky. I'd sell my soul for a fgood nights sleep (Nobody wants my body)
Love to all
Shelagh

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
you made me laugh out loud shelagh with no one wants my body!!
I cant seem to do my bedroom, I've lost my organisational and sequencing skills:( mind you they were never my strong points:D;))
My bedroom is more like a cross between steptoes back yard and Tracy Emins turner prizewinning exhibit, all my art stuff in there stuffed being the operative word, so be proud of yourself you've achieved something i can only aspire to!

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
I have trouble sleeping but find if I have one of those microwave bean bag things to hug on my stomach when I first get into bed I go out like a light.

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi Shelagh

This is a good post article and I can assure you that you’re not alone with the problem of insomnia, as I’m sitting typing this reply its just 1-30am out here in Indonesia… I’ve had the problem with insomnia for the past two years or more and most nights I wake up and around midnight / one o’clock and just cant get back to sleep… even though I do take a mild sleeping tablet all it does is to knock me out for a few hours and then I’m wide awake again sitting at the computer in just a pair of short working, like you I’ve tried various typed of milky drinks but to no avail as all they did was to keep me running to the bathroom even more than I do already.

I don’t think insomnia is just part of the illnesses progression… its just one of the many different problems within the illness that can affect us all in so many different ways… personally I now say that waking up so early is my quality time alone, as I can sit and work in peace and quiet without any other noise distractions… so as I said your not alone
Barry

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aoifek23