Hi

Bug

Nov 21, 2023
Hi

My Mum was diagnosed with Dementia two years ago. My Husband and I care for her, but I also work 7 days a week. My Husband can't work because he is registered Blind, but does everything he can to help my Mum.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Bug.

I’m so sorry to read about your mum. I hope you seek out all of the support you can - for all of you.

It’s great that you’ve found this forum. You’ll get lots of understanding and support here.

Harmony2

Aug 10, 2023
Wow. Seven days a week, partially disabled husband, plus caring for a lived one with dementia. That’s a lot, not to mention other parts of your life, like running a home.

I’m just saying hello and welcome!

We all need support and hopefully encourage others at times.
Blessings.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Bug and welcome to our supportive and friendly community of people who have experience of many aspects of dementia.
I am sorry to read about your Mum. You and your husband certainly face a lot of challenges, so I too hope you are getting some support.
I am sure that you will find it helpful to find out what others are saying, join in conversations, ask any particular questions you may like to, or just when you need to let off a bit of steam. You will always find understanding here.